Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2009/2010 Big Steelhead Contest!
So its official the steelhead season is on around the country and i thought it would be awesome to have a steelhead photo contest. there will be prizes provided by me and me alone this contest is not sponsored by bigfishtackle.com but by me as a moderator! i havnt exactly decided on prizes yet but i will let every body know when i do. the two things that will win you a prize are The biggest steelhead and the fugliest or ugliest steelhead! the contest will start from the moment this post is posted and will end may 17th of 2010

The rules are you have to catch the steelhead in the fall 2009 steelhead season or the spring 2010 steelhead season in order to prove the steelhead was caught in the fall 2009/spring 2010 seasons you must have a piece of paper in the picture that says just this

BFT
2009/2010

also the steelhead can only be caught with a rod and reel technique no gill nets, gaffs, or snare catches may win.

dont forget to post the length and the weight or estimated weight when you post a picture!

Good luck to every body who participates and i cant wait to see your pictures
[signature]
here ya go, to get you started, this one I caught just a couple weeks ago,

[center][url "http://javascript:;"][Image: DSCN1340.JPG][/url]
[center]above, 36 inch aprox 12-15 pounds full of eggs.
[center]
[center]below is the same 36 inch with two 30 inchers
[center]they were about 9 pounds.

[center][url "http://javascript:;"][Image: DSCN1341.JPG][/url]
well i dont have the piece of paper proof in these pictures but heres a few from the past couple of days. there all between 27-32in. and they were hungry! Big Grin
[signature]
man you got into some chromers! nice fish.
[signature]
just a reminder to every one that this contest is still going and i know spring steelhead fishing is starting to pick up so post some pictures for us.
[signature]
What lures or baits did u use?
[signature]