Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Back in my tube, with a newbie along, for panfish
I got out for a little Panfish outing in the metro area Sunday afternoon. Bob wanted to try tubing for the first time so he stopped by and we loaded up the tubes in his pickup and we headed for a small lake loaded with hungry panfish.
They were not hard to find, Bob took to my tube like a duck to water. He was rearing on fish before i even had my waders on! We caught around 100 crappies and bluegills in 3 hours of fishing. They were very hungry, even hitting Bob's float on the surface!
I brought my sonar out in case they were deep, I didn't need it though. there was a bug hatch and the warm weather had the fish feeding in the shallows. They bit good, I got some on t.h.e. Jig, and on a 1/32 ounce crappie tom jig with a black and yellow stub grub. Bob got his on some jigs he made. I was wishing i had my fly rod and some poppers . weird, just like summer fishing in november. I will take it!
[url "http://mtbucket.blogspot.com/2009/11/float-tubing-action.html"]http://mtbucket.blogspot.com/2009/11/float-tubing-action.html[/url]
[Image: nice+gill.jpg]
[Image: bobbo.jpg]
[Image: mt+tubin.jpg]
[Image: biggill.jpg]
[Image: nice+bass.jpg]
[Image: yellow+gill.jpg]
[signature]
Very cool! BTW, is that Fish Cat ORANGE? I thought I'd seen some orange FCIVs in ads, but I figured that they were overexposed red ones.

Looks like fun, keep it up.

_SHig
[signature]
Nice report!
[signature]
Great report and pics. Thanks for sharing.

Gotta love 'gills.
[signature]
Great report and pictures,Thank you.
Is that your friend in that blue fish cat? He looks
huge in it [Smile] He must be a very tall guy. If he gets into
float tubimg , he may need like super fat cat or bigger.
Please dont take it the wrong way. Im kinda big a$$
and I know that fish cat would be small for me. Thats
why I have the SFC.
Just saying.

Peter
[signature]
highspeed, yup orange, I got it on craigslist cheap, I like it , call it the great pumpkin!
[signature]
yeah the fishcat might be a little small for him, but as u can see it holds him up just fine! I am a small dude, so the fat cat would be too much tube for me, i might get one for bigger friends to try lol, I had one guy nicknamed the "wookie" he was huge, but he still was able to float in my tube. he later found a deal on a ODC 420 that fit him a little better
[signature]
Cool. You know what they say- you can never have
too many float tubes..............................[Smile]

Peter
[signature]