Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lake Poway 11-14
Got to the lake around 7:00 am, a little cold and not many people on the lake. Got my permit and walked all the way to boulder bay.

Right away I saw bass chasing shads, so I thought it's a good time to try this rig I saw on FLW last week, the "double fluke." Third cast and fish on, fish landed but a dink, maybe a pound. A few more cast, produced another one of about the same size, maybe I tiny bit bigger.

About 10:00 am, 2 guys walks up and set camp next to me, to fish for cats. Moments later, one guy started coughing out his lungs, I turned around and saw that they were smoking some ganja, so I thought it was time to leave.

Worked my way back the boatdock and fish the chainlink fence on the left of the dock. Saw bass busting on shad on the no fishing zone, but could not reach them with my cast. So I switch to a senko and managed 1 more fish, about a 2 lber. Left the lake at 11:30, ended up with 3 fish in 4 hours, not good but beats the skunk.[fishon]
[signature]
Dude, I read the title and thought you caught a 11 pound, 14 oz bass at Lake Poway! Nice day of fishing, nonetheless. Where's lake Poway? Senko season is long past here in Pennsylvania...
[signature]
Lake Poway is in Poway, CA about 25 miles out of San Diego. Yeah, I wish it was 11 lbr. I have caught a 12lbr on that lake before, they do have 20lb LMBs in there though. We use senkos here all year long, except in the colder months we like to use the skinny ones, I don't know why but they seem to like the skinny ones and the original fat one in the warmer months.

They are suppose to be stocking trouts in there this week, so I might be going back next week with my 10" trout swimbait, see if I can land some of those double digit LMBs. They are also stocking trouts that are over 15 lbs.
[signature]
That is awesome. If I went out there on a fishing trip, I'd probably never want to fish Pennsylvania again!

PA is a tough state for bringing in big bass. In tournaments around here, guys would kill for a limit of 15" fish and double digit bags are very rare. Lots of people from my area make the 2 to 4 hour drive and fish the Great Lakes and Finger Lakes in New York State. Even NY has me spoiled. 10+ bags (5 fish) are almost automatic and there are exponentially more 3-5 pound bass.

A 10 pounder, probably not in PA. 15 to 20 pounds is something that's physically impossible.
[signature]
Yeah PA does suck for Bass quality [frown] But they are there. Just gotta really fish hard for them. And yes a 15lb bass in PA is the stuff dreams are made out of lol. I think that is why enjoy fishing for pike so much. Bringing something to the boat over 10lbs is really quite exciting. Not to mention they are the best fish to eat IMO. But one good thing about PA is we have Lake Erie and it must be one of the best places in the country to catch smallmouth. Where else can you go and catch over 100 quality smallmouth in a day!
[signature]