Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
20 best trout flies
I've been seeing that add for orvis's 20 best trout flies while I'm on this website anyone use or heard anything about this pack it seems like a good deal so I'm thinking of ordering it to begin my fly collection.
[signature]
I purchased that last summer. It was just to good of a deal to pass up. The flies are good flies and they catch fish. Go ahead and get this. Just my humble opinion.[Wink]

pa
[signature]
I am seeing 3 different colored Woolly Buggers, One cone head sort of Marabou Muddler*, A Chenobyle Ant*, A Sparkling Dun Dry*, PMX*, Elkhair Caddis*, different Adams*, Royal Wulff*, BWO*, Haresears*, Copper John*,
Pheasant Tails*, and Prince Nymph*.

Nope don't use any of them[Wink] Seriously, the ones I put * by are my go to. Plus these are great sizes of each.
They are well built flies and for less than a buck a fly...yes!
[signature]
lol i ordered them and i can't wait to take them out on the water! any recommendation for what fly to use this time of year out of those flies?
[signature]
You could use all, but the Chernobyl, the stone, the Caddis aren't really in season, but I have had them work, same with the stimulator.
The Royal Wulff is a killer fly although I have no Idea what bug it is.
BWO absolutely and the Adams and Nymphs anytime is a good time.
Maybe add to that list a few scuds and a San Juan Worm, eggs & you got the pack.
[signature]
not to be disagrable fg but the stonefly is the go to fly around here this time of year and all winter..just cant beat it..just an opinion ok
[signature]
Okay. I stand corrected, the hot days threw me...LOL
Yes, now is the perfect time for that stoner. And the color is perfect.
Fish that right on the bottom. Flip rocks over and see all the bugs, but the stoneflies are sitting right on the rocks and around 1" long (some smaller)
[signature]
its all good..just pointing out the stooners usage this time of year..which you already new about..for some reoson they were running bigger last winter..about 1.1/2 to 2 inches long weird year just used bigger worked good..
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][#008000][size 3][Image: happy.gif]I tied a variety of stoners but haven't had an opportunity to fish them where they would be present.[/size][/#008000][/font][font "Comic Sans MS"][#008000][size 3] Not pretty but hey I'm not looking to get a 10 just a bite and I'll go from there. lol[/size][/#008000][/font]
[inline sf.jpg]
[signature]
That fly is killer Dry Rod!

Like I said Lurtch, I am all mixed up. Took a scout to the pond last week and there are still hoppers...ALLOT!
But I do go heavy and big stoners now, but also heavy little ones.

I have one in Brown and Yellow wire that I want to try in a Black and Brown or Burgundy wire for the darker stones out now.
[signature]
Dug this one out for you Lurtch:

[Image: FSMothstone-1.jpg]
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][#008000][size 3][Image: dumb.gif]Thanks for the kudos. Did you tie them FGD? They are really cool looking.[/size][/#008000][/font]
[signature]
those are awesome sis.. I only see the hook eyes ... :-) ... those are so cool looking I dont think Id use them on the water...

MacFly
[signature]
Yes I did
The stoner is VHS tape!
[signature]
wow.. hope it was a movie ya'll didnt like any more.. :-)

MacFly [cool]
[signature]
It was about bugs...LOL!!!
[signature]
[Image: dumb.gif][font "Comic Sans MS"][#008000][size 3]What about bugs?[/size][/#008000][/font][inline buzzy_mad_md_wht.gif]
[signature]
lol...do you mean "A Bugs Life" [Smile]

MacFly [cool]
[signature]
sorry for late reply..heres what i normally would use sometimes ill use ribbed body still the same..i usually do a pink or red thorax..
[signature]
In my opinion the Stone Fly is the best one can tie.... It's presentation adapts well to most streams in U.S...
[signature]