Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
favorite time to fish
i was just wondering what everyones favorite time of the year to fish was
[signature]
All I need is daylight and no storms. Showers and light rain is ok, cold temps and wind are fine too cuz I have great successs in those overcast nasty days, and once the bass start to bite everything else gets blocked out anyway![Wink]

BZ
[signature]
me to last year at one point i actually couldn't reel because i was fishing in 26 degree weather with wind chills probably closer to the teens, it caused my guides to literal fill with ice
[signature]
If you don't want your guides to freeze up try a product called Reel Magic. It treats all types of line and reduces memory and line life. helps you cast farther and prevents guide freeze up.
[signature]
thanks i think ill try it, i dont catch much at that time of year but its more to keep from going crazy and doing something that the Gov't would need to cover up.... haha just kidding
[signature]
In Pennsylvania, I like fishing pre-spawn after the ice is gone but the fish aren't on beds yet. I can fish my shaky head or a tiny little jig as slow as molasses all day long and be confident that I'll land some larger bass. That's my time of year because lots of other guys struggle to land fish pre-spawn here when the water is 40 to 50 degrees.

In NY, I like the Summer slug-fests. In June and July, our club fishes the Finger Lakes and Great Lakes a lot and everyone and their brother comes in with 10 pound bags. It makes for an exciting weigh-in.
[signature]
how do you fish pres pawn, i live in Rhode island so the ice stays here until like beginning march i think and its only a small pond so fishing would be from shore, the only luck i have ever had in mid april with either a hard jerk bait fished by yanking as hard and quick as i could then letting it float for a few seconds or a medium sized worm fished relatively slow
[signature]
In Tennessee my two favorite months to fish are December and March. Water turns over around the first of December and brings the Big Smallmouth into shallow water. About the third week of March the water turns over again, and the record bass start lurking into the spawning areas.
[signature]
Spring for me as well. Here in Ct, prespawn is anytime the ice is off and before the full moon in June. But sometimes they cheat and bed at the new moon. Depends on water temp.
[signature]
I can't speak for your pond, but generally March is time to fish points and deep weed edges for me. I usually find fish in 12 to 20 feet of water.
[signature]
i think ill try it in march then, but one problem, the deepest point is maybe 7 ft maybe a little more and there aren't any ledges after like 30 yards form the bank it evens off pretty much, or at least from what i know
[signature]
I use to think that fall was the best time to fish (the big fish think that if they don't eat now that they might not get a chance so they eat pretty much anything). However, this year I did better in August. I don't know what it was, but I caught more big fish in that month then any other month.
[signature]
One of things that can help decide which month is better for big fish (look at the dates of previous records or big fish were caught). I find information like that extremely important and beneficial. Usually, you will see most bigger fish are caught during certain times of the year. Someone could probably put a chart together or find most of the information on the web. Also, you can determine which moon phase majority of bigger fish are caught.
[signature]