Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pineview and lost creek (Report)
Me and a buddy fished Pineview last night from 4:30 until 7:00. I have no idea how to or where to fish the bass and perch at pineview. I threw a few small jigs with no luck. We fished near the old highway. I also threw a few of my Musky lures with no avail. The water is right in the weeds and it looks like good fishing. By the time we were done, my self-esteem was pretty low so I drove over trapper's loop and went up to Lost Creek. On the dirt road around to the boat ramp, we saw 2 badgers, 1 HUGE rattlesnake, and one of the biggest bucks I have ever seen. Of course we caught some fish, I took home my limit and my buddies too.

I am still in need for some info. on Pineview perch. What, where when?
[signature]
I'm better at catching perch thru the ice , but have hook a few of them on jigs real close to shore . Most of them where only 8 " to 6" . Somedays it can be hot for the crappie , bluegills and perch . Just got to find them . I doing a summer of research on fishing pineview this year . LOL I have done a lot of reports on this water this year . Old highway has been good . Did you venture out on the old highway ? I think I would throw out towards the main lake . Look for the creek channel . May be some bass in the area too . With the full moon approaching I might try night fishing it . Good luck
[signature]
perch at pineview is a no brainer. find a bit of weed cover chuck out a small jig tipped with a worm or perch meat, thatis if you have caught one yet. otherwise some sort of cutbait and put on a bobber. if they dont hit go on bottom with a slip sinker. they are stacked on shore right now. the only problem is the freaking boaters everywhere and they scatter.
[signature]
oh by the way chef if yo uwant perch i went to rockport to see hwo the water levels were and fished right next to the dam for about 30 minutes and caught about 50 perch on a jig too big for them to even hit and tipped with nothing. there is a carpet of them in there and if you wan to eat some i dont think anyone would miss them out of there. same gos for echo.
[signature]
How do you get to Lost Creek? Badgers, bucks & rattles? Cool....
[signature]
Xman,

Any size to the perch at Rockport?

m
[signature]
Take the Croydon exit off of I-84 near the Devil's slide. Follow under the highway and over the river and you will see the signs.
[signature]
not really matador. though i did catch a couple that might have been in the 1/2 lb or 3/4 range. nothing over 9 or 10 inches. they were pretty fat. but for people with kids dang that is a sure bet right now. they fought way hard to i was impressed for their size. there may be some decent ones in there but i would guess you have to weed through the little guys first.
[signature]