Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
"New" Fat Cat - Vintage!
So this is my "new" Fat Cat boat. Wondering how old this bad boy is? Single zips, one elastic, one mesh "front" pockets, floppy fabric pocket sides, non-coated "tits", no side D-Rings for the patented SHigSpeed rod racks, matching fabric color backrest, VERY old school stripping apron. iron-on Outcast applique... Anyone care to guess the model year on this one?

[Image: 4114114216_79ed7096b7_b.jpg]

Might be taking a pass on this one. Hope another (used) comes my way with newer specs. It's in really good shape other than the old spec, but my "off the showroom floor" new spec RED FishCat IV Dx will be my steed for the time being.

_SHig
[signature]
If it had mesh in the back I would say that was my old one. But mine didn't have those valves either.
Guessing, I would say a '97 as mine was a '96. I had the exact same pockets and the apron looks the same.
It was back when Scadden was designing them. Mine had no rings on the side but did on the bottom and I think on the tips.
[signature]
Nope, solid "trunk floor". Yes, this one has backpack rings. Wow, '97? How long have these been around? Smile

_SHig
[signature]
Looking at it again, it does look like my old man's which was a little newer than mine.....maybe a '98. I am trying to find an old picture of his, but I am 99% sure it looked just like that. No PVC on the tips.
[signature]
[quote SHigSpeed]non-coated "tits"[/quote]

LOL.
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]And that is different than implants.[/#0000ff]
[signature]
I hate those uncoated TITS. Maybe not when I was younger[angelic]
[signature]
Ok this is topic is degrading quickly.[:p]
[signature]
I think I'm gonna LIKE IT HERE!! [Image: SM_SS_banana.gif]
[signature]
That's a Fat Cat 66. I've had one for 10 years and it's still going strong.
God Bless,
Don
[signature]
Yup, the old man's was identical

[inline "Fat Cats 006 400.jpg"]

[inline "Fat Cats 007.jpg"]
[signature]
Oooh, red!

Thanks for taking the pic.

Also, Outcast does still sell the Fat Cat with foam seat.

So, anyone get a newer (Super) Fat Cat tube girth?

_SHig
[signature]
So, anyone get a newer (Super) Fat Cat tube girth?

[cool][#0000ff]Just measured mine at "operational" inflation.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Circumference just before the beginning of the "nose cone"...39 inches.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Width when measured with a "gapper"...12".[/#0000ff]
[signature]
Cool! So based on girth the diameter is between 12 and 12.5 inches. Same as my vintage model, and indeed smaller than my FC4.

Thanks for the confirmation.

_SHig
[signature]
You want VINTAGE...check my old one out:

Check out the valves. Turn the little rubber cap around to deflate

[inline "Fat Cats 009.jpg"][inline "Fat Cats 010.jpg"]
[signature]
Wow, looks like the "missing link" between the Fat Cat and the Prowler. Is that considered the Fat Cat 66? I'll bet it took forever to inflate/deflate those things... Good move replacing those valves!

_SHig
[signature]
To be honest, I have never heard of the 66. This was the SFC in the mid 90's.
I didn't replace the valves, and they were urethane. Really didn't notice how long it took to deflate, as that was all there was back then.
Even my Bucks Bag Alpine had the same valves.
[signature]
Ah, I meant for Outcast to have replaced those valves. They're the same ones they still use in the seat cushions right?

_SHig
[signature]
Could be, I don't know. The ones on my H3 seat are a tube with a twist cap.
[signature]
Same valves as on my toon. They are replacement bladders made by Bucks Bags for the Leigh boats. I like them, not hard to deflate tubes at all.
[signature]