Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cold and WINDY on the Berry
Myself and a friend got to the Berry this morning at 8:30 and was on the water as soon as we could get there...

The breeze had started but not much YET, the air temp was 12 and water was 41, we went out of Strawberry bay and worked our way west and south...

We used flukes and jerk baits to start and found that casting and working them was not working..So we started to troll to another spot and caught our first fish at 19 1/2" cut...

We tried to cast in another area and with no luck started to troll again And got another fish, so now we are starting to have a pattern and just trolled on the south side into the wind at 2 to 3 mph and each time we seen the arches on the graff and our lures would reach that place one or both would get a fish or a hit and miss...

By 1:30 we had 19 fish to the boat and missed two time that many, we wanted to get one more so we headed for the ramp at trolling speed and missed three more before we boated the last one of the day...

The fish came in water from 10' out to 35' and we used lucky craft lures in small mouth bass (witch got the most fish and hits) and ghost witch got fish, we tried other lures but no takers...

[inline "Berry cut first of the day.jpg"]
[signature]
I was wondering what you were doing trolling around, I thought you might have had problems with your bow mount. I worked the shore line across from the marina with a ghost pointer and caught a few slot cutts. My first fish was caught on the surface while I was getting a loop out of my spool, it hit my pointer and started thrashing around like crazy hooking itself in the process. When the wind picked up I went to Renegade, caught fish but like you already know, windy! Went to the narrows where it was much more calm. Drifted tubes and caught alot more fish that way. A 19" rainbow and a 23" cutt for dinner, it was a great day but the waves were hell on the way back to the marina around 2:30.
How did Brent do?
[signature]
I think he said they got 8 fish before they left about 1:30...
We had 3 over the slot and one bow I think, just released some at the boat with out getting them out of the water...

We kepted one over the slot that took the lure too deep...
[signature]