Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
100+ fish through the ice
We had a great day fishing through the ice today. I'd rather not say where. It's a small place, and I plan to go again on Turkey day. It's always good to get back on the ice after a long years wait. It was even longer for me because I have had a Vexilar since Sept (b-day) that I have been dying to use. It worked great!! I was catching fish for 3 1/2 hours straight. Between me and two buddies, we iced over 100 fish. All bows between 8-14 inches. Mostly 12-14 inchers with a few little squirts every so often. We were gonna quit at 100, but fish #100 was a little turd, and it took a handful of fish to catch a decent one to end on.[Wink] Sorry about the pictures, didn't have the camera, so all I have is phone pictures.
[signature]
Thanks for posting. Ice season is officially here.
[signature]
Way to go. I hope to be on the hard deck either tomorrow... or at least on Thanksgiving. Goog Job.... bet it was a blast
[signature]
I saw your Scofield report. That was what gave me the extra excitement to give it a try. I figured if Scofield had a few inches, then this little hole should have at least two or three. Turns out it was three in the middle, and four around the edges.

I love ice fishing. And my new Vexilar.
[signature]
Thanks. Still got perma-grin. Good luck whenever you go. Be careful. There still might be some soft spots.
[signature]