Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Nov. On the Big D
FIshing has been pretty good on the river this month. Walleye bite just started picking up. Was expecting to catch walleye all month but ended up catching some surprising fish while targeting eyes. Along with bunches of smallies some in the 3 lb class. a large brown trout about 20-21 inches and a catfish around 5 lbs. Tonight 23rd I seen lots of fish breaking the surface one close enough to scare the crap out of me. That one look like a large Catty. Even with all the fish activity I didn't land any tonight. But here are a few pics from the past few outings.[Image: 100_0523.jpg][Image: 100_0522.jpg][Image: catfish.jpg][Image: brwntr-1.jpg][Image: walleyephone-1.jpg][Image: devinsbigperch.jpg][Image: 100b0460.jpg]
[signature]
Those are some good looking eyes, perfect size for eating. Thats a real nice perch to. Do you get may perch where you fish??? Im always looking for a good place to go and get some. They are on the top of my list right next to pike when it comes to eating.
[signature]
My little guy got the perch. I never really target them but since I've been bringing the kid with me more I have been finding perch everywhere. I give him a small jig head and some small plastic baits like sliders & cut them down. I have to cast for him but he reels them in. There will usually be a school of them following the bait in.
[signature]