Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Killin stuff
Hey guys,

Sorry havn't been on in a while. Been busy out in the field. So far things have been great.

Found the doe I shot at (and thought I had missed) opening day. Walked right past her 3 times going back and forth to the blind. She was in some tall field grass and I darn near tripped over her one night while pushing the field. It had been 3 days since I shot her.... and she was pretty ripe so unfortunately it was a loss.

Shot a doe few days later.... she dropped where I shot her. Not a huge one but good eater just the same.

Couple days after that I shot my very first pig. It was a pretty easy shot as it was on a friends farm. She was wanting to get rid of a couple pigs so I bought a couple off of her. (extremely good price couldn't say no) The one I shot was 400+ lbs. Took a couple of days to cut it up. Lots of meat on those things. Will probably go get the other one in a couple of days. Was my first time ever butchering a pig and to be honest it really wasn't that hard. Good thing is you can cut the chops however thick you want... will be some good eating for sure.

Saw a real nice buck last night (7-8 pointer ???) Real wide spread on it. Almost had a shot at it but I have to admit I got a bit of buck fever and dummy me I had the safety on when I went to pull the trigger. Tried really hard to click it without having it sound like a firecracker going CLICK !!! but being in a tree stand only 40 yards away I had no such luck. I clicked the safety and he jumped back into the swamp real quick. Probably just as well.... it wasn't the best shot to take anyway.

This morning I shot another really big doe. Probably the biggest one I've ever taken. Has to be at least 4 yrs old maybe even 5. She was a big girl. Also saw the buck again. He came out of the swamp on the far side and went up the hill towards the pines after some does. Only saw him for about 10 seconds and he was on the move at about 190 yards out so decided to let him keep running. Still have another couple days. If he survives the rest of the season he will be a monster next year.

I'll post some picture in a few days. Stay safe out there guys and be sure to REMEMBER YOUR FLASHLIGHTS !!! [Wink]
[signature]
time for another freexer eh..its nice when you can go to the grocery store and never have to buy meat.
[signature]
That big doe must have run all the way up past deercamp in Alcona [Image: happy.gif].
I spotted her this morning at just after daybreak hunting a new area , well her and a couple dozen woodland maidens .
Never saw a buck one on this trip and me without a baldie tag .
I was forced to find a new area to hunt , I'll post pics of my old spot later , just a shame what the D.N.R. did to the place and I don't see the reasoning for it at all .Congrats on filling the freezer [cool].
[signature]