Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Au Sable fishing on Turkey day
What's a holiday without a little steelhead fishing and a visit with BA ?
Bassass had me over for a visit on my trip to the east side of the state and gave me the lowdown on all the hunting and fishing prospects for the area , even offered a private hunting trip on Saturday that I couldn't get to .
My thanks to Tom for making me feel as welcome as family to his home , he's a true gentleman .
The Au Sable was just as generous with her hospitality .
She gave me her undivided attention and didn't let another fisherman tamper with her fish while I was there .
After a few casts she had a 6# cromer surface to show me where they were holding and how to fish them .
I abandoned the bottom bounce rig and opted for the slip-bobber rig that proved it's worth on the first cast with that same cromer .
I only stayed an hour or two and had eleven fish on with four landed , no net all catch and release .
Most of the fish were lost during the walk down to the rivers edge at the bottom of the stairs , those zebra mussels sure do tend to knick the line just up a way from the hook .
The water was clear , the wind gentle and just enough overcast sky to keep the fish up on top , perfect fishing weather !
Firearm season has one day left so dust off your rod and get a little fishing done before the snow flys and the water gets a little stiff , if you don't I'm sure you will regret it .

Good fishing to all my friends !
[signature]
bouncing bobers on a late fall day..catching steelies.cant think of a better day..now im jelous..didnt get out myself..try next weeekend..you living the good life..need to join you
[signature]
I was hoping to head over before Christmas so maybe we might have that trip yet .
[signature]
dont expect any plans next weekend that would be a problem..what day sat or sun whats the secret bait..have fresh spawn lose and sceen..and of course waw worms..?time to get out the flot rods
[signature]
Man I just missed ya ..on your way home..my son said you just left I prolly passed ya
[signature]
I catch up with you on the next trip over [cool] .
Hit the power lines north of Au Sable river road and found a deer funnel that had tons of doe in it ,. In 2 hours I had maybe 35 doe walked past me , never had as much as a button buck shuffle by me for antlers .
I think you got the last buck left in the county [Image: happy.gif].
Billy said he had a 8 point come out on him as he was lighting a smoke and had his gun down .

It's a shame , all that river at the end of Brodie road and can't wet a line in it .
[signature]