Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Am. Falls Report
AF Ice,

I was alone at first and tried the west finger. Ice was 6.5 inch but only had two bites, a small slimer and a large sucker. Another guy came and went out from the marina ramp with a camera and found the perch. They were small but at times the action was so hot that I could only fish one pole. I don't know how many I landed but it was a lot. I caught maybe 7 that were in the vicinity of 8" so we may be able to find some decent fish if we get enough people out there.... The other guy and I caught a few slimers but all small. It does increase the interest to think there might be a 20 pounder in there this year.

I will attach a couple photos.

The ice around where we were catching them was 4.5" but as I explored closer to the main reservoir it got about 3" so we should probably use caution for one more day. I didn't have the gps but think we were about 250 yards NE of the ramp. They left the docks out so you won't need to worry about a board this year...

FR
[signature]
Were you at the Sportsmans access in Aberdeen . Thanks Curt G.
[signature]
Curt,

Yes, the Sportsmen's Park boat ramp. They left the docks out, probably inadvertently but they sure make it nice for ice fishing access.

FR
[signature]
Two years ago we did really well right there , but last year we couldn't find them . I love catching a nice mess of perch . Thanks Curt G.
[signature]
Those are great pictures. Thanks for the report
[signature]
M&MB,

Thanks.

I went back and verified that almost all are small. It would be good for taking a kid fishing if a person is well set for perch. The GPS coordinates to where I was are 42 degrees 57.03' N and 112degrees,46.29' W. From there for about 100 yards NE, you should be able to find them. I caught 6 or seven trout this time, mostly small but did manage a 19" rainbow. I kept him and did a photo shoot with him and a 12" perch. Don't get your hopes up though, that perch was 50% bigger than any others....

Since I was using my normal rig but with perch meat as bait, a person looking for trout might do better with chunks of night crawler as bait. I was in 25' of water. The ice was safe enough, probably in the 6 inch range.

FR
[signature]