Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A few hours at Sportsmans Park.
FYI, I just got home from Sportsmans Park. It had real good ice and I caught a few small Perch. The two biggest were about 7". The bite was spotty but no good ones. I saw some other people reeling in a few but I didn't see if they had any size to them. I hope it turns into another good year out there like it was a couple seasons ago.

Kai
[signature]
Nice. How thick was the ice? are the edges clear?
[signature]
Downtown I.F.?
[signature]
Edges were solid and the ice was about 6" thick and clear blue.

Chris it's just outside of Aberdeen, a big cove on the American Falls res.
[signature]
That is great. two years ago we really had a blast pulling big numbers of perch out of there. maybe this year will be as good!
[signature]
If you dont mind me asking what are u using for the perch?? do you do any good on the bows there??? thanks...
[signature]
I have caught a few bows using the same tactics as for the perch. The folks who target the trout seem to fish closer to the shores and don't go clear to the bottom.

For perch I generally just use a small jig tipped with a piece of crawler or meal worm. Saturday all my fish were caught on crawler about a foot off the bottom. Meal worm poles were dead. A couple of poles are rigged with a small attractor blade about 10" up from the jig. They do seem to catch a few more fish on most days.
[signature]
thanks, One last Q for ya. I'm a "fat guy" my brother is a big guy, He wont go out yet cuz he doesnt think the ice will hold us yet there. He can't wait to fish it he thinks its a killer spot but how well is the ice there??? edges and so forth? slushy solid ice what is it like? Thanks a ton..... as you can tell we dont know much about ice fishing yet so.........
[signature]
dma dont worry about it if there is laready 6 inches of ice it will hold anybody thats more than enough.
[signature]
Thanks man, still working on a time to get a field in our name man sorry havnt gotten back to ya been busy not leaving u up in the air i promise.......
[signature]
If temps stay the way they have been I'll be driving on it with my Jap Jeep (Suzuki Samurai) in a week or so.
[signature]