Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fly Fishing anyone ???
So, anybody done any fly fishing lately ?
I just been busy with work, which is great. Went to my
local park couple of times to try out my new 3WT Sage.
That thing is sooooo sweet. I casts by itself !
I really cant wait to take it fishing for actual fish [angelic].Im
hoping to go to lower Owens river soon and put it
to test.

Peter
[signature]
I got out for a good fly trip on Nov.29th. I posted it in the PA /state forum. Got a bunch of smallies and a couple walleye on some flies I tied up. also got a small musky on spinning gear.
[signature]
Nice going dude ! I love those pictures. What kinda reel
is that, if I may ask ?

Peter
[signature]
I went out to the East Fork of the San Gabriel River here in CA Saturday for a few hours. A beautiful day and a nice hike, however, even my 2 weight was a bit much for the 6 fish I landed. I think a 0 wt, maybe even a 00 or 000 might have been better but I don't have one of those.

I'm watching the weather and hope to do some lake fishing Friday if the rain has cleared out by then.

I'll be hitting the Lower Owens January 9/10.

Jim
[signature]
Thanks. Glad you like the post. I PM'd you about the reel.[quote peter805]Nice going dude ! I love those pictures. What kinda reel
is that, if I may ask ?

Peter[/quote]
[signature]
The Provo last weekend. Temps have been in the teens, and I don't like breaking ice out of guides every cast, so waiting for the snow to come and warm things up.
[signature]
the last time I fly fished freshwater was the Sunday before Thanksgiving. I didnt catch anything, lost four flies, and fell in love with my mojo rod :-)... now if you are asking about salt fly fishing I have already posted about the shark fishing MacLarry and I did.. :-)

MacFly [cool]
[signature]
Yes dear, I know about the sharking [Smile]. Still waiting for
those pictures.
You know what they say-no pictures, no sharking..........[Wink]
[signature]
lol.... as soon as I posted I realized I had not posted the pics of the sharking.. but I have to download paint.net so I can resize them first.. Im working on it..LOL..

MacFly
[signature]
pics are posted now... enjoy
[signature]
going saturday to idaho
[signature]
[quote macfly55]pics are posted now... enjoy[/quote]

Where ? [:/]
[signature]
on the original post about sharks on the fly on the [url "http://www.bigfishtackle.com/forum/Fly_Fishing_Forum_C69/gforum.cgi?post=544610;forum_view=forum_view_collapsed;page=unread#unread"]tying and using saltwater flies[/url]...

MacFly [cool]
[signature]
[quote kochanut]going saturday to idaho[/quote]

Where at?
[signature]
the narrows. teaching someone how to fly fish and the finer points of my salty language
[signature]
if your that bored feel free to show up at red banks around 0930-1000.... blue gmc, UT tags (finally, and with the trout on them!) and a BFT sticker, would be cool to finally meet a fellow yarn tosser.
[signature]
what are the red banks?
[signature]
the camp ground right after the bridge up in the narrows.
[signature]
macfly55 wrote:[/quote]
on the original post about sharks on the fly on the [url "http://www.bigfishtackle.com/forum/Fly_Fishing_Forum_C69/gforum.cgi?post=544610;forum_view=forum_view_collapsed;page=unread#unread"][/url]tying and using saltwater flies[/url]...

MacFly [cool][/quote]

Man, that is sweet !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Let me know if you want to go again and split the cost [Wink]
I even buy the beer [Smile]

Peter
[signature]
some tentative plans are in the making.. we were told the makos are hot and heavy in the summer.. son in law may come out then and go out.. if anything come of it Ill let you know..

btw.. did you watch the videos on that site I posted.. ?? Jeff (the guide) is a good guy .. gots to say he did everything he could to bring in sharks on a very slow day and it all turned out well..

MacFly [cool]
[signature]