Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Big Cats Found on Boy Scout Camp
[center][font "Chiller"][#000080][size 7][Smile]Big Cats![Smile][/size][/#000080][/font][/center] [center][Image: msrdc.jpg][/center] [center][font "Chiller"][size 6]Mataguay Scout Reservation[/size][/font][/center] [center][Image: msr12.jpg][/center] [center][font "Chiller"][size 6]Parker Lake[/size][/font][/center] [center][Image: msr11.jpg][/center] [center] [/center] [center][font "Chiller"][size 6]Upper Lake[/size][/font][/center] [center][font "Chiller"][size 6][Image: msr8.jpg][/size][/font][/center] [center][font "Chiller"][size 6]The Pond[/size][/font][/center]

Well I have been gone for a week at Scout Camp near San Diego, Ca. I went to Camp Mataguay Scout Reservation just out of San Ysabel, Ca. I was told there were several areas where we could fish at camp. There was Parker Lake, Upper Lake, and a small pond between each lake. Upper lake has catfish, bluegill, and bass. Parker Lake has catfish and bluegills. If you want to catch some big cats well Parker Lake was the spot. All week I saw scouts hooking into some big cats only to loose them either in the weeds or snap their line while trying to land them. I got a hold of several that just broke my 6 lb Spiderline. They have one cat they call ol’ yellow. He is one big cat somewhere around 10 –15 lbs. I think I got him one time where he just about took me my chair and pole into the water. I struggled to get my footing when I saw him come out of the water. He was a monster of a cat for this small pond. Well he was too much for my line and it broke loose. It would have been nice to get him. Several scouts did catch some cats and I have some photos to show you.

[Image: msr2.jpg] [center][font "Chiller"][size 6]4 Pound Catfish[/size][/font][/center] [center][Image: msr15.jpg][/center] [center] [/center]

[Image: msr16.jpg]
[signature]
great pics! too bad it was so hot last week - everywhere!

sm
[signature]