Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
weres the ice?
any ice yet up north,,will have a week off before cristmas..just gotta find some ice to get on..point me in the right direction and ill be there..have from the 20th to new years of to fish..
[signature]
ummm ice ? you mean slush?
[signature]
It's forming but , man , I don't know if it will be ready by then .
[signature]
a number of lakes and ponds in south east michigan had ice before the storm set in, some still did after all the worm rain.

my lake had ice before the storm, even after the rain, but when the wind set in, you could see sheats of ice flying off the lake like fling shards of window pain.

not a site you want to witness with anything short of 2 inches of bullet proof glass.
[signature]
looking at the forcast, it is posible we could have ice a week from this saturday. To bad bad first ice will be on the wrong side of the moon.

Remember, first ice means you have the first oppertunity to fall in and freeze. be safe not "well you cant be sorry, but you can make others around you sorry"
[signature]
no worry guys..if you find out something.you can let me know..up north is always faster to get ice..and im needing to find some..you can send me a pm if you dont want to tell the world..ok
[signature]
hey dave..as soon as i find some ice safe enough to be on..ill be going..will let you know..before i go..
[signature]
Caddilac has ice on the south end , not shure how much but saw a shanty already out there today .

2"-3" here in gladwin's sugar springs area says my forman , should have enough safe ice by next friday .
[signature]
that sounds good..that means lake mitchell and hamlin are ready to go...will be there next weekend...thanks
[signature]
you guys get that rain today?

but ya, long range forcast do look favorable. even my lake has frosted back over after the wind broke up the ice last week.
[signature]
all the rain did was knock the snow down that was on top and turn it to slush...we get cold again..it will only add a few more inches of snow ice..i acctually think the rain might help us..if it gets cold fast enough..
[signature]
I hope the teens tonight are fast enuff.. [:p]

I hate snow ice, other wise known and homecome ice.. dangerous stuff... and only holds a sliver of a fraction of what blue ice will hold.
[signature]
ice on au sable lake ...guys out fishing
[signature]
i agree,,,but if you can put the two together...itll work..as long as i8t stays cold itll work..2 inches blue ice and 2 inches snow ice equal a god day ice fishing
[signature]
any reports on what and how many of ther catching,,,is it worth the drive time from here..by the way thanks
[signature]
We have an easy 5" of ice now and more being made every day in my hood .
Perch , gills, crappie and smelt out of houghton , the smelt are pretty deep near the N.W. corner .
we got ice on my lake, but the coons wont even attempt to cross yet.. lol
[signature]
I will admit, and am not proud of it, but I have fished on it, I even felt it crack and had water come flushing up on my feet.

I left my 2 dollar ice rod there on the ice and walked away for a week and waited for more ice.

scary fealing. and vary lucky, am I a beleiver in god? no, I know he is there watching... What I dont know is why he has kept me a float all these years... lol
[signature]
thanks guy..ill bethere soon..if you have any lake there thats hot right now just pm me ill find it..hows the gills doing on houghton
[signature]