Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
CURRANT CREEK QUESTION
CAN ANYBODY TELL ME IF THE WATER COMING IN THE NORTHERN MOST END OF THE LAKE IS A TUNNEL AND IF SO WHERES THE HEAD WATERS FOR IT. THERE WAS ALOT MORE WATER GOING IN THAT BAY THAN IS IN THE RIVER ITSELF.
[signature]
It's a tunnel that has its headwaters up in the Duchesne watershed. Current Creek was designed as a storage res. for the Central Utah Water Project. From there, the water is taken into another tunnel and sent over to Strawberry. It comes out at the ladders. From there, water is pumped over the ridge into the Diamond Fork drainage.
[signature]
The tunnel is below the dam. The inflow creeks are not from a tunnel, just natural streams. They all have sweet little Colorado cutts in them.

Good Fishing, Kayote.
[signature]
I've been to CC in previous years - had limited success. Where are the best spots to fish on the lake, and what's the best bait/lures to use? I plan on going back up there in a few weeks - looking forward to some good fishin' this time!
[signature]
In the summer, I would stick to the inflow streams flow in the reservoir. Try spinners and nightcrawlers in the moving water. Jakes and Panther Martins seem to work well. If you have a boat, troll deep with pop gear and a worm or a rapala or a spinner. In the little streams above the res, use dry flies. I like an Elk Hair Caddis. Below the dam, wet and dry flies are the way to go. I saw a guy nailing big browns below the dam on rapalas one time. The fishing has been very fast at Currant Creek this year. Good Luck

Good Fishing, Kayote
[signature]