Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What Flies?
For us in North west, this is the time to sit down and stock up on the flies we will need for the following year. Specially this year with all the single digit temps and minuses.

I thought it would be fun to see what everyone is tying. And for those tying everyday or weekly, a follow up on it.

Even those that don't tie...WHAT DO YOU WANT TO SEE TIED?
[signature]
Ive not tied since this past summer when I did some foam beetles to leave behind for MacLarry to use ... I keep wanting to get back to the bench and just catch up...lol.. but with remodels and out of state company and more remodels has not happened..

tbh sis.. if anyone wants to do a video or a picture/explanation of a favorite fly Id love to see any of them... but .. one thing has been at the back of my head lately...

a long while back a bought an assortment of Jig Flies from bass pro shop.. I've been wondering lately how I could "modify" these jigs to make them into something else..

for example.. take a jig and about halfway down the body/tail start tying in new thread.. then cut off/trim anything in from of that.. continue wrapping the thread to the jig head and maybe tie in a hackle..

anyway.. just curious what anyone thought on that as well as your original idea of what flies are people currently tying or want to see tied..

MacFly
[signature]
HFT has done that on the Utah site. Jug flies are very popular!

And what is this remodeling excuse crap.....I know for me it is like pulling teeth to get me to sit down, but once there, I get allot done.

Come on Mac.......it is relaxing!
[signature]
lol.. I agree with you sis but.. my bench is in a small room commonly referred to as a maid room.. and during the remodel and even now that room was used to store a lot of stuff.. so getting to the bench was impossible.. to get the vise and some basic tools and materials to take with me to TN was like climbing up and down everest and thru tarzans jungles.. LOL..

Macfly
[signature]
well dig out the shovel and have a seat!

You got to try this Renegade!
[signature]
the renegade you showed on the utah forum.. the henrys??

MacFly
[signature]
I saw some the the ice flies he has shown on the utah forum... lots of rubber legs being used... and tbh seeing his work is what brought back to mind the jig flies I have and what could be done with them... [Smile]

MacFly [cool]
[signature]