Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What are you Tying?
For us in North west, this is the time to sit down and stock up on the flies we will need for the following year. Specially this year with all the single digit temps and minuses.

I thought it would be fun to see what everyone is tying. And for those tying everyday or weekly, a follow up on it.

Even those that don't tie...WHAT DO YOU WANT TO SEE TIED?
[signature]
now this could be a good one on this forum... I dont think Ive ever seen anyone show a salt fly yet... :-)

MacFly
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][#008000]Haven't tied any flies for a month or more. Been making some furled leaders as I will be doing a show & tell tomorrow at my club.[/#008000][/font]
[signature]
Dr. we need to do a leader swap......[Wink]
[signature]
awesome mi amigo.. :-)

MacFly [cool]
[signature]
Im tying my shoes every morning[Wink]
[signature]
ALL BY YOURSELF????[crazy]
[signature]
how did your show and tell go at the club??

MacFly [cool]
[signature]
[quote flygoddess]ALL BY YOURSELF????[crazy][/quote]

Well, it takes a little of time , but yes . All by myself [angelic]

Peter
[signature]
LOL
[signature]
I'm taking a tying class and tomorrow night we tie the clouser. I have a saltwater outing to San Diego next month so it should come in handy. There's a variation of it called the Liberace Clouser (tan over orange with krinkle flash and flashabou) that worked well for some people last time I was there so I'll be trying a few of those as well.

Otherwise, it looks like I need to concentrate on the basic PT's, Hare's Ears, Midges, and soft hackles until I get the hang of the main tying techniques. Plus they all fish well when I go to the Eastern Sierra's in the winter.

Jim
[signature]
They fish good anywhere, that is what is cool about the good old stand bys...just size difference.

Clouser can be great. So many variations and material choices. I have some FAKE bucktail that works well other than not as long as some bucktail.
[signature]
Eastern Sierra.............Yeah[Smile]
Work has been busy for me now but I sure hope
that I get to go as well this winter............[Wink]

Peter
[signature]