Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
willard 12/14/09
Hit the private docks in the north marina today from about 9-12 in the morning. It was slow but I did manage 1 crappie and multiple bites. The bites were LIGHT ! Fish were suspended 8 foot down in about 12 ft of water. Watching the finder it seems like i had a school move through every 20 minutes or so, and had bites every time they came through, just a little rusty settin the hook on the ice rods i guess[Wink]. The gates to the docks are open and the ice was about 2-3 inches of real "iffy" ice with about 2 inches of slush. Main lake is capped.
[signature]
I fisher there on Sunday night.
The same light bite as schools moved by.
I also saw what looked like schools of Shad move by on the finder.
[signature]
fishn4eyes sent me a pm saying this

"DUDE LETS NOT BRING THE MASSES TO WILLARD, THAT KINDA A POST YOU WILL NOT HAVE A SPOT TO FISH IN A DAY OR TWO BECAUSE OF A POST ON BFT! WE MUST THINK BEFORE WE POST.............[mad] "
end quote

Sounds to me like some of us on the forum would like to keep PUBLIC fishing resources to themselves. I for one do not think that every crappie in Willard Bay is under the docks at the north marina. I specialize in walleye, and dont pay attention to many other species. Therefore, I use this forum to help when i do want to fish for something else. I try to pay back the tons of free advice when I feel i can. I will make this public plee, DO NOT beat up other posters who are just trying to help out fellow fishermen.

P.S. I was using a white Ice fly in tandem with a yellow ice fly and didnt get touched on wax worms. All bites were on meal worms.
[signature]
That is funny stuff, I 100% agree with ya mike. With everything. I had PMs about starvation this summer and I just ignored them. I can post whatever the heck I want to. I hope more members post reports . Yea sometimes there is pressure but who cares its public water. People get selfish sometimes when it comes to good fast action. Personally I like to share the fun.
[signature]
The funny thing is, it wasnt fast action! If the "Masses" run out to Willard bacause I caught 1 crappie then it must be REAL bad at every other pond in the state[:p].
[signature]
With only having 25 posts I am not sure you defend yourself to anybody on that subject. I probably do.....lol
[signature]
Hi All Im In S.C. I Do All I Can To Get People To Go Fishin I Have To Fish Mostly By Myself Its Allways Nice To Fish With Outhers Some Times They Catch More Thin I But Mostly I Come Out On The Top An I Usuly Never See The Same People From Year To Year Teach People How To Fish They Or Some Of Them Probly Could Use The Help An The Fish. I Wish All A Great New Year Fishin!!
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]You should have seen the PM he sent me recently. Since I post reports on Pineview too, he accused me of trashing that lake by getting too many boaters out there molesting HIS crappies. Since there were a few dead floaters (that could not be released from deep water) it was my fault for posting a report (float tubing).[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Don't take this guy seriously. I don't. If he fishes as well as he spells and constructs sentences we have nothing to fear from him on the water.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]I can't ever remember seeing a constructive post or a report from him. It seems all he can do is take shots at others. If he doesn't like BFT he should leave it...or get a ten year time out.[/#0000ff]
[signature]
Thanks for the info, that's what this site is all about. If people don't like to see info posted here then maybe they need to bug some other site. Tube Dude is great for posting pics and info and I like to read his posts, very informative. FOD also kept us posted on his trips to Starvation for the walleye this past summer. We have many others that post as well on the fishing in various waters. WH2, LH2, Old Coot, Kentofnsl just to name a few more and I enjoy reading their reports and seeing the pics. Keep them comming guys and gals, maybe that's why we have one of the most active sites on BFT.
[signature]
anytime any place Tube Dude lets fish !!!!!!!!!!!!!
lets make it worth some cash while we are at it!!!
lets see who is educated.................[Wink]
[signature]
thanks for posting a private message ! [pirate]
all i was saying is if you like to fish and teach others sometimes it is good to keep it to your self, you are in Utah and like he said the Utah BFT site is one of the most posted on sites, and it is not because every one is the most knowledged, its because we love allot of people to be involved in all we do,,,,,,,,,ONLY IN UTAH,,,,,,,,
none of the other site have half of the people post as we do and they have more water than we have,,,,,,,,,,,,
you do have the right to post any thing you wish , but i have fished this state 30+ years and it has went down hill big time as fishing goes. so those of you that wish to keep this site number 1 on post keep talking.................[mad]
[signature]
TubeDude has posted thousands of times on here about any of his many favorite spots. He has given location, pictures, types of lures and bait and even an occasional weather report. I dont believe it has reduced his ability to catch fish at any of those places. Possibly more skilled than some of us and difinitely more informed about his chosen prey, he continues to inform, entertain and educate the masses here. It seems too many secret spots for many of the posters. I applaud those that unselfishly post info to help others catch fish. Nuff said
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]You just don't get it, do you? This is not just about you. Our forum is for everybody and we post information to help others enjoy fishing...not just to ruin your own private honey holes.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]And, it is not about competitive fishing. I really don't care if you have the longest "rod" or if you have caught more or bigger fish than I have. At least my reports tell exactly what conditions I have found and exactly what the results were.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]All you seem to care about is popping off on others' posts. Why don't you do us all a favor and go bug some of the other forums you keep referring to. We won't miss you.[/#0000ff]
[signature]
If you'll accept side bets, I would like to place $50 on Tube Dude.
[signature]
My $$$$ is on TubeDude also!!!!
[signature]
[Smile]I'd Put up another $25 on TubeDude. He knows alot and is not afraid to share it. The forum is a place where people who like to catch fish can come together and share Ideas. If you are ok with shareing your spot, thats ok, if not, you can be more general. Lakes are public places, maybe you should invest in one if you want your own private space....then you can post about it, and we can't touch it.
[signature]
TubeDude, youre the man!!! Ive got another 50 on ya!!!
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]Thanks guys, but I gave up competitive fishing many years ago. I fish for personal enjoyment...not competition or gain.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Those who fish with me will verify that I am just as happy seeing fellow fishermen catch plenty of fish as I am when I catch something myself. I feel sorry for those who always have to turn a fun fishing trip into a personal competition.[/#0000ff]
[signature]
keep a Smile on TubeDude and have a merry x-mas,,,,,[fishin]

DONT TAKE LIFE SO SERIOUS !!!
half of your buds know me by face but under the cover of BFT they speak ill will of me, i have fished with many of them and showed some of my secrets to some of them them..... but all is well...... i still will read your posts and Smile............[Smile] MAYBE.........![Wink]
[signature]
I figure this is a good place to make my first post to the site. I have been checking this forum and learning from it for some time now. However, I am very much a novice and therefore have never made a post of my own to share any knowledge. I do want to thank those of you who are willing to share your passion with those of us who are still learning. You are touching so many lives by doing so, more than you will ever know. I enjoy taking my four kids fishing and trying to teach them how to be more successful. They in turn will pass on this knowledge to their kids. If we keep our "secrets" to ourselves the future of fishing in this state will suffer. Successful fishing trips will keep people fishing and putting more money into our state for better fishing in the future for all of us, not just the ones with the "secrets". Thanks tubedude and everyone else willing to share. I enjoy reading your posts and listening to you on the new radio show.
[signature]