Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
JV. splake report..
well there for a while i thought i lost my mojoe with the ice.. but just got back from Joe's Valley and i found some nice fish finley... got out ti the fishing area today! and put the hurt to 2 of the bigger class fish in there.. started out catching a saml cutt. then a samll splake, i was busy taking the hook out of the small splake i seen the other rod start going. so set the hook and woo it was on.. a 5 lbs 23 inch splake came up after about a 10 min fight.. well got every thing off the lines and pic's taken the the fish back where they need to be.. cought 1 or 2 small ones then had a fish hit both poles at the same time.. tangled the lines good.. got it worked out as fast as i could.. droped one line back in and as the jig hit the water i seen a big splake jump right on it. 1 foot under the hole.. like it was waiting for it or somthing.. well ony took and 5 min's to get that one in.. again a 23 inch 4 1/2 lbs splake.. there was some other BFT members i ran into as i came out so i yelled at them to come on out and give it a try.. well they moved out and all we caught the rest of the day was small one's.. darn it.. i did not get they'er names so i hope they jump on and say Hi.. not to bad of a day out there today.. started out cold got nice for the most part all day..
[signature]
Beautiful splake! Gotta love pics of great fish!
[signature]
Nice fish! How is the road from Fairview to JV I have never ice fished it yet I am taking my Dad for his first ice fishing trip in the morning and we were thinking about heading up there also hows the ice?

Thanks
[signature]
the road is great! no problems there at all.. ice is good to 4 to 5 inchs but watch out for the pats with snow on it.. the ice is good but about 3 inchs of slush out there under the snow.. [shocked]
[signature]
Thank you Sir! I figured if I was going to drive over 100 miles I figured I would go there, and since its my pops first time ice fishing and he has never fished there that it would be a good place to go. Plus 4 year old just seen your pic of your fish and said thats were we need to go so he can catch one just like it [Smile]. Again thanks for the info on the road and ice.
[signature]
I am hoping to make it up there next weekend. Hopefully I'll run into you Ron. Those are very nice fish!
[signature]
well i'm go again soon i hope.. fish like that are worth the long drive.. just wish i could take my snowmobile out there.. man that is a sucky lake to get in and out of.. but well worth it some times..

but i can hear fish lake calling me as well.. so it's going to be hard to make up my mind on where to go.. lol.[sly]
[signature]
If you need any help smoking those things and eating them, I am your man. I love them splake on a plate!
[signature]
lol well there is a problem with that.. it's only recomended that ya olny eat 8 oz of fish from Joe's valley in the 2 week time i think... so there is no need to to keep any of the big fish in there.. i put all of them back inless i get one over 10 lbs or so then i might get it mouted.. but thanks for the offer.. when i start getting some at fish lake i might have to take ya up on that.. lol
[signature]
Didn't know that about JV. Too bad! We have pulled a few out of Porcupine and they are awesome.
[signature]
Hey Fuzzy, we had a great time out there with you and really appreciate the advice, the friendship and the tackle! You have certainly got the right spots located out there and schooled a couple of guys that thought they had this game down pretty well. We hope to see you there again soon! Again, we had a great time with you and thanks!
[signature]
hey ya made on! cool glad to see you posting up!

well i had the spot that day i guess the fish were in there for a while.. i tryed to get ya guy on the fish but i guess they had other ideas.. darn it.. well i hope to run in to ya-all again up there again as well.. all ways good to have some good company out on the ice.. i fish a lot by my self but it's nice to have someone to shoot the B.S. with too.. i sure was glad the wether was as nice as it was.. the way it started out i thought it was going to be a all day in the ice hut day.. lol
[signature]