Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Shark Skin 5wt GPX taper, my take on it
been using this stuff for a few weeks now and have come to a few conclusions about it. i do like the feel of it on my hands, its nice and rough, doesent chew your hands up like some say. i love the hum of it when it shoots from the rod, and it rides real nice and high on the water. this weekend i purposely cast it into a fast riffle to see what would happen when it got sucked under. unlike the RIO on my back up, this stuff did come back to the top of the water once it went through the rest of the run, where as the RIO typically stayed under until i started my retrive (i clean my line once a month).

there are 2 down sides to this stuff that i have found. i cleaned it tonight and this stuff was really dirty, like the pockets designed on the line trapped more crap then regular line. other wise a quick cleaning would take care of it right away. the second down fall was the price, i expected to pay the 100 bucks for it (love anglers den for their military discount).

all in all even it needing to be at the very minimum taken through a wet clean rag to be cleaned and the price, i really really like this stuff. i reccomend it!
[signature]
It is suppose to be self cleaning. I use mine in allot of sand and moss. bring it home and run it through warm soapy water and good to go.
Where are you picking up that kind of dirt and the river isn't washing it away?
[signature]
the logan, casting along the cut banks... 7 times out of ten i would cast about three inches onto the bank and a quick little strip put my line back in the water
[signature]
Thank you for your feedback on that line.Im thinking
about getting one for my 5WT.
BTW Cabelas has that line on sale for $60.00.

Peter
[signature]
Bummer. Hope you can work it out. Suppose to be self cleaning like a Lotus...whatever that means[crazy]
[signature]
[quote peter805]Thank you for your feedback on that line.Im thinking
about getting one for my 5WT.
BTW Cabelas has that line on sale for $60.00.

Peter[/quote]

Just the Trout that I see and I try to figure that out. It reads on sale $59.95~$99.95 Which is it?

The GPX is 1/2 size bigger at the front, so it cast like a dream. The Trout is a little more technical. I have Trout on my 4 wt. and it is perfect, but then all my 4's are full flex.
[signature]