Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Coffee is on....
Sit down , have a cup and tell me your plans for the day [fishin].
[signature]
With the holiday season upon us there is always lots of plans... places to go...people to see. Unfortunately none of my immediate plans envolve being outdoors with a rod or a gun in my hands.

I am however considering going hunting Christmas eve and Christmas day... see if I can't catch Rodolph, if Santa happens to fly past my blind.
[signature]
I was hopin for a little christmas bass for christmas day. I am still lookin for and not walkin on hard water. Some one when though my lake yesterday, good thing for them they were just going out and went though in 2 foot of water....

I will take a shot of hershies special dark coc. syrup in my coffee please. [:p]
[signature]
working today..be in ludington ice fishing sunday..for shure..you can guess the lake..
[signature]
I'm late responding to my own post [blush].
Saturday I spent the entire day in my ground blind and never saw a bit of fur walking down the trail . When I left at dusk all the fresh tracks were 20 yds. to the south of the blind , they walked right past me .
Sunday I hunted from a tree stand just a few yards from the trail they walked on Saturday and wouldn't you know it they traveled the trail in front of the blind .
Time for the muzzle loader to be put up until target practice in January , it remains a no harvest gun . I'll have the bow out during the weekend .
[signature]
dont worry guy..this seems to be everybodys report..your not alone..not a good muzzleloading seoson
[signature]
Gatta be the weather keeping them under wraps in my area , I only saw deer just the day before a storm came threw .
The moon didn't bother them one way or another from my trips back and fourth from work , they were out both day and night , just not in the woods .
[signature]
this is just my exsperience,,,latter in the year most of the deer i see are in the middle of the feilds..they avoid the woods like it was a plague..i just think theyve been shoot at and chassed around all year by hunters..in the woods and wont go near em..just a thought..
[signature]
I'm hoping they will come up to the oak trees tonight to forage for some of the acorns , there is a well traveled trail in the snow that seems to be hit just before it snows .
Keeping my fingers crossed .
No sign of the feril pig this year , i'm wondering if those coyotes had a pork dinner .
[signature]
they starting to yard up for the winter?that would make it eisier...
[signature]
Bucks with bucks ,does with does all different age groups in the feilds but no mixing of the sexes yet .
I've never seen them do that before ever .
Usually by the last days of powder they all are running together [Image: dumb.gif].
I have single bucks and does going threw the property to the bedding area , a stand of pines on a hill a 1/4 mile down the road . The only exception was the 2 8 points and a doe with 2 yearlings .
Haven't spotted the pig tracks but hear he is around the area .
I'm giving it another go in the A.M. , after all the wrapping paper settels down [Image: happy.gif] .

Hoping the hollidays are good to all my freinds here ,
Al
[signature]
santi claws forgot about me today, we got rain, my ice is melting, It is to wet to sit in the woods.
[signature]
that is odd.maybee not enough snow yet..maybee that late seoson rut i always hear about but never see..oh well..never seen a wild pig here or anywere..they accually exsisit?
[signature]
I saw two this year for the first time, but to be honest, it looks like any other pig you ever saw, They are just wild farm pigs. broke loose. and no they dont taist the same as a pen piggy.

there are a few boars around that have escaped from wild game ranches, I doubt you are ever going to see one of those, they are black or brown with thick long hair.,

the ones I saw this year were black and whites, half black and half white.
[signature]
so if you do see one..how do you know wether your shooting a wild one..or your neibors pet pig didnt just get lose.
[signature]
I think in either case it is fair game, but dont hold me to it, I am sure you would know if it were your neighbors, I would cuz I would have been over to the neighbors house to look at his pigs and get the 50cent tour.

and if it is a neighbors hog from from a mile down the road, those hogs are not headed back home.

A domestic hog can become a faral hog at the drop of a dime. a peice of moldy food, something ticks them off, they have long memories and are not forgiving animals.

they have a greater intelagence than that of a bear or 14 point buck. They have a keener sence of smell than an elk.

those of us who hunt ranch boars are hunting semi domesticated animals, they are still wild and just as dangerous as a non domesticated boar, the only diferance is that the semi domesticated boar is acoustom to having people around.

so to know for sure all you need do is step out the door with a bucket of slop and scream Suewiie, If the hog come running twards you, he is tame, if he runs in the other direction he is a hog gone wild. [:p] Pun intended....
[signature]