Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
12-18-09 (Sat) Strawberry Report
[#502800][/#502800][size 3][/size][font "Times New Roman"][/font]The Infamous Hookjaw and Flycastin', and the not so infamous myself hit the Berry this morning bright, ...well dark and early. To start off we headed west of the marina at Strawberry Bay. Fished just off the point before the first bay cuts back. We hooked four or five there in about 22 feet of water and 5" of ice. Decided to move and headed south a couple farsees from there. We spread out and punched holes in 15 to 20 feet of water. Ice was a little thinner here, about 3 inches. We started hooking them somewhat consistently off and on until about the magic hour when the fish stop biting (11:00). We were using salt and pepper curly tales, glow tubes, and cutters tipped with minnow or mealy. Most fish were caught near the bottom 6' of water. One cutt was fascinated with my transducer, and kept hitting it. Kinda funny. The ice was plenty noisy today. And not just a little bit. She was echoing for miles. We finished the day with forty fish. 39 cutts, and one bow for Flycastin. All within the slot. Twolfer and crew headed further south from us, and at last count were close to beating our forty. At least they were going to try to. I imagine they did if they stayed long enough. They had a couple over the slot. One at 24" and one over 22" I believe. Not a bad day.
[/font][/size]
[signature]
Who's the goofball in the second picture? And what on earth is he doing to that fish? [laugh] And who's the cone head in the #4

Gosh!! Thanks a lot for posting such great pictures of me. Oh well, at least the ones i took were good. [cool]

Good Times! [Wink]
[signature]
i hit the marina aswell it was -5 deg when i got their, i arrived a little befor 7 and was the first out on the ice. i seen the tall feller in your party he must have lost his rod on the way out i seen him head towards the bank and then came back with a pole. i was in the shack just east of you guys. i ended up with 10 fish for the day biggest was around 24" i guess i should have headed towards you guys. the funny thing is i also had a fish bumping at my transducer and it ended up being the biggest of the day.
[signature]
Heck of a day... good work to you guys for getting into them. We got owned at Chicken Creek. Small fish and slow... Whats up with the berry? Cutts seem uninterested so far??? Lots of low and high pressure may be setting them off but It better start getting better!
[signature]
dang it klyle... if you had the fish finder next to ya you would have mowed em!!!
[signature]
Great day on the ice. Always like it when you can shed the coat for awhile.

Yeah, we left a rod behind when drilling a test hole. [:p]
[signature]
True that!!! I'm getting one on Monday!
[signature]
Was the slush bad? Looking to take grandkids and slush will be tough. Nice report. thanks
[signature]
The slush was not bad at all on Saturday by the marina. No snow either. The kids wouldn' t have a problem getting out on the ice. Hope this helps.

Uintakoji
[signature]
We walked around the whole bay and there isn't one bit of slush up there or snow on the ice. [Wink]
[signature]
Fished Renegade Sunday and it was slushy and had standing water every where. Fishing was slow, graphed lots of fish they just didnt wanna play
[signature]
Fished chicken creek Sat. If the ice was snow covered, there was slush under the snow. Walking back in the afternoon there was alot of standing water on some parts of the ice. Ice was 3-4 inches thick. Fishing was very slow, marked fish, but they were picky. I would not take kids to chicken creek, unless it gets alot colder and the ice stiffens up more!
[signature]