Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
lookin for info
I am going to be moving to the grand rapids rockford area soon and I looking for info the places to fish for Trout, Salmon, and Bass.

Any help is welcome
[signature]
You will have some company to show you the spots around there .
We have a couple members that live in the area , in a bit they will reply to your post . I welcome you to the boards .
The Grand will give up some salmon and steelhead and a few browns , get ready for some walleye too .
Where are you moving from ?
[signature]
sounds like your moving into my neiborhood..i know all the places for trout salmon and steelhead..cant say i do much bass fishing..id be glad to show you around when you get here..dont need to get into details now..
[signature]

[signature]
That would be awsome! I love salmon fishing I make regular trips to Pulaski NY for the salmon run. I am looking foreward to it. thanks for the offer. [fishin]
[signature]
I am moving from Pa.... my wife is from the battle creek area. She took me up there about a year and 1/2 ago and i love the area. I have heard some good things about the fishing up there and I am very excited about it. I do alot of salmon fishing in Pulaski NY.. so this should prove to just as much fun.
[signature]
[center][url "http://www.bigfishtackle.com/photos/showphoto.php/photo/12824/cat/668"][Image: DSCN1340.JPG][/url][url "http://www.bigfishtackle.com/photos/showphoto.php/photo/12767/cat/668"][Image: DSCN1307.JPG][/url][url "http://www.bigfishtackle.com/photos/showphoto.php/photo/1048/cat/500/perpage/18/ppuser/89"][Image: jSalmon.jpg][/url]
[center]
[center]here is a small sample of what the west side has to offer.
[center]
[center]click to enlarge.
[signature]
the onr question you havnt answered is when are you moving here.would help to plan which species to go after first..
[signature]
As it looks right now it will be around early to mid september.
[signature]
Nice I cant wait
[signature]
thats right at the start of the salmon run here.with the stealhead and big browm starting to show up in october...then mostly steelhead till first ice,,sound like fun
[signature]
HERES some pics..give you idea of what will be here then
[signature]
Where abouts where the pictures taken? Is that Rouge River or somewhere else.
[signature]
Hey Shawn welcome to the board.

You've definately found the right place to move if you love fishing. I've lived here in Grand Rapids area for about 5 years now and the fishing is the best. Lots of places to go, lots of different speices to go after throughout the year.

You will be showing up right at the start of the salmon run. Lurtch and I had a great time last year and it will be great to add another to the group for next.

Let us know when you get here and we will help you find a few good holes.

Mike
[signature]
Thank you that would be great
[signature]
mosly grand river...some on rivers farther north...the rougue is one of the best steelhead rivers in the state...just wait till next spring...its awsome..i usually land 3 to 10 fish per night there durring the spring steely runs..goe other places in the fall
[signature]
Rouge River is on the east side of the state, over by me....
[signature]