Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Save yourself a ticket and don't get shot!
To all of those who are venturing west of the bouy line at pineview in the narrows:
The Sheriff, DWR, and especially Homeland Security will cite you for crossing this line. They are clearly marked NO TRESPASSING BEYOND THIS POINT. I was also told by a Weber County Sheriff that you could be shot for doing so. This line will remain where it is permanently. They are dead serious about crossing them.
[signature]
[quote lunkerhunter2] you could be shot for doing so.[/quote]

Let them cross too many ice fisherman out there as it is [cool][laugh][laugh][laugh]
[signature]
What does Homeland Security have to do with Pineview? That seems odd to me. Is this a new thing?
[signature]
There was several dozen people out there today in the "no-fish" zone. Nobody bothered us. Although we were beyond the bouys... everybody was well away from the dam. I'm not worried until a badge shows up! Brody, sure they COULD shoot somebody...but they'd have to be VERY justified in doing so! Leave it so some dumb Barney Fife with one bullet to over-react!
[signature]
The homeland security connection steams from the repercussions of some idiot blowing the damn and the catastrophe that would cause...its kinda like the RAM's (random anti-terror measures) we do on base....but in the civilian sector.
[font "Constantia"] [/font]
[signature]
patriot act....... any person encroaching a diversion (dam) that constitutes a cities drinkable water supply is deemed a threat and is pusishable from local, state, and federal resources....... plain and simple dons cross the buyos.

fyi
[signature]
He is right it is the government protecting us from our self again. Homeland Security has mandated to the Bureau of Reclamation that the dams be protected. The BOR has mandated that Pineview Water place the buoy in that location and place the No Trespassing signs. To voice your option on this contact the office below. You will want to talk to Ed Vidmar 801-379-1182 [url "mailto:evidmar@uc.usbr.gov"]evidmar@uc.usbr.gov[/url]. Just remember that this office controls access to most of the fishing waters in the state. They just need a reminder that they work for us not the big white building in D.C. There Bureau title is the Bureau of Reclamation and the Bureau’s goals in the past were to provide place for the public to have recreation.

[center]Bruce Barrett, Area Manager
[url "http://www.usbr.gov/uc/provo/index.html"]Provo Area Office[/url]
302 East 1860 South
Provo UT 84606-7317

801-379-1101
fax: 801-379-1159
[/center]

If we don’t want the Federal governments taking over our life it will take all of us to get involved. Now is the time to stand up for your rights. If you don’t stand up now do not complain when the Federal government makes it illegal to fishing or boating on any water they manager for us.
[signature]
[quote Leave it so some dumb Barney Fife with one bullet to over-react![/quote]

Leave it to some simple minded fisherman to make a quote like this.[crazy] I hope you never need him or any other law enforcement officer to come save you or your family some time.

Merry Christmas.
[signature]
I found one of the previous posts hilarious. " there were
several dozen people out there"(beyond the boundary).
"until someone shows up with a badge..... Doesn't a sign do enough for these people?

People need to respect the law. Theses offenders are
probably the same ones who complain about a fisherman
keeping and eating a stupid bass LOL....

Be nice to policeman, they don't get paid anything and
they just might save your life.

If you don't like a law, do something legal about it.
[signature]
Holy crap a post with common sense. At least one guy gets it. I can't believe that some people hope to change the law only by breaking it. If a "badge" didn't have to worry about fisherman not being able to follow a simple sign the "badges" could be doing better things
[signature]
I talked to a DWR CO about this issue.
He stated that they have been "told", that they will enforce the law.
He wasn't happy about it but he said that it was his job and he was told that he would do it.

There will be citations given, so don't be one of the people that gets one.
It will be very expensive!

Thanks for the link to call about the problem.

We should all call and ask that the trespass zone be moved back to the West at least 100 yards.

This is prime boat and Ice fishing, that has been taken away from us.
I for one, want it back.
[signature]
I'll agree that my original post was a bit sarcastic and over the top. However, I think y'all are over-reacting just a bit too. All of a sudden it looks like I'm being labeled a cop-hater. I've now been to PV twice since the bouys were moved further out and still haven't seen a sign (unless you're talking about the yellow no trespassing sign near the gate which I believe has always been there). I wasn't exactly looking for a sign either.

My sarcastic comment (i.e. "Barney Fife") was merely pointing out that it would be very unwarranted for a cop to shoot an ice-fishermen SIMPLY for being too close to the dam. It would take someone the likes of Barney Fife to do such a thing! Sure they could legally do it were it JUSTIFIED (but simply being there wouldn't justify it!). Anybody posing an OBVIOUS threat to a major piece of engineering such as a dam can and should be eliminated. Neither the development of the Dept. of Homeland Security nor the Patriot Act has changed that fact...

I am sure that eventually somebody from one of the LE agencies (local, state, or federal) will get down there and start writing tickets to harmless fishermen. I do appreciate the head's-up! But nobody is gonna get shot unless they look like they are trying to breach the dam! No, I don't like the new rules, but I guess it's the law at this time.

It doesn't surprise me that this is happening here in UT now. What surprises me is how long it has taken them to do it. When I lived in CA, the feds shut down many great fishing areas that were popular for generations (South Tower of the Golden Gate, areas near SFO and OAK airports, etc.) in San Francisco Bay and the delta.

I harbor no disrespect for law enforcement in general. Heck, since 9/11, my own brother and others I know have had to pull that damned dam security duty at several major western reservoirs...
[signature]
This is why fishing and hunting sucks in Utah. people think No trespassing doesn't mean them. and then there is more and more no trespass signs or they have to move signs back farther and farther. its so hard to get land owners to open up because some people don't fallow the rules that are there! have some respect man.
[signature]
Not only is the no tresspassing rule listed in the procalamation, but since when do terrorists wear signs that say " I am a terroroist, not an innocent ice fisherman"?
My kids live below Pineview and the last thing I want to see is someone breach that thing.
[signature]
i counted 8 on the dam side of the buoys today when i drove by, and 2 sherrifs.... they slowed down but dident stop
[signature]
[quote kochanut]i counted 8 on the dam side of the buoys today when i drove by, and 2 sherrifs.... they slowed down but dident stop[/quote]

Upsetting, but typical. As mentioned...."This doesn't mean me"
why do you think your lawn mower has to be labeled with the disclaimer to keep your fingers away from the blade portion?[crazy]

Some people just don't get it!

But I did catch what Wasatch was saying as a joke...and with the up most respect for the law, they are just people also and I have come across the Barney's...but that is a different story[Wink]
[signature]
[quote kochanut]i counted 8 on the dam side of the buoys today when i drove by, and 2 sherrifs.... they slowed down but dident stop[/quote]
The sheriffs department officers are NOT allowed on the ice.[Wink]
[signature]
I guess maybe I don't understand the Home Security angle of this discussion as it doesn't make much sense when you can drive across the dam that you are trying to keep people away from. [crazy]
[signature]
I have to say I am with you on this one pack fan. IF some one wanted to blow that dam they would do it from on the road with a truck bomb ie Oklahoma City. But like others have said the law is the law. I have not been up there this year but, would of thought that the signs may pertain to the ground where posted .. IE no parking ect , not the bouy line as I always thought that just meant keep your boat out. I guess I learned something. I will be contacting the office above to advise them of my feeling in a polite way.
[signature]
I thought about that when I was coming home from the deer hunt last Oct. Why move the buoys to keep people away when you can just drive over the dam? I thought there was some reasonable explanation but so far I haven't heard anything. We need some DWR input here, it sure would be nice to have a member that was part of the dwr. We probably do but unfortunately he/she would probably just get a headache...
[signature]