Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
blonds and boats
i got this as an e-mail , i thought you guys might enjoy it [Wink] . [font "Arial"][#0000ff][size 2][/size][/#0000ff][/font]

[font "Tahoma"][size 2]
[/size][/font] [font "Tahoma"][size 2][/size][/font][font "Verdana"][size 2]This is a true story. Last summer, down near Lake Isabella, located in the high desert, an hour east of Bakersfield, a blonde new to boating was having a problem. No matter how hard she tried, she just couldn't get her brand new 22-ft Bayliner to perform. It wouldn't plane at high speed at all, and it was very sluggish in almost every maneuver, no matter how much power she applied. After about an hour of trying to make it go, she putted over to a nearby marina. Maybe they could tell her what was wrong. A thorough topside check revealed everything was in perfect working order. The engine ran fine, the outdrive went up and down, and the prop was the correct size and pitch. So one of the marina guys jumped in the water to check underneath the boat. He came up choking on water, he was laughing so hard. Under the boat, still strapped securely in place, was the trailer. [/size][/font]
[signature]
[laugh][laugh][laugh]That would of been fun to see !!!!! LOL
[signature]
hahaha.... I have seen that happen and told the guys about it and we both laughed and they bought me a pepsi and some candy to thank me. it was cool.

My family, dhtubinchris, and I were camping out at Perris Lake in California. I went for an early morning run and ended up and the boat ramps just to watch all of the boat traffic and see if anybody needed any help. these guys had no clue what they were doing. they had and old peice of **** boat! I dont think they have ever launched a boat before either. so it made an interesting sight. I am thinking maybe they didnt hook the trailor to the truck right or something. I am not really sure. but they went off and docked the boat to go park the truck and I noticed some wheels sticking out of the bottom of the boat. so I went over onto the dock and was talking to one of the other guys in the boat and told him about my discovery. he had no clue what was going on!!! haha. so he gave me a line that I attached to the bow, and we just dragged the boat back to the truck to hook the trailor on.

you should have seen all of the by-standers' faces. it was so funny. I was kind of embarassed to be seen with those guys but it was funny and all of us laughed. it was fun.

when they were coming back in that day, chris and I were fishing the docks for bass, and those guys came back in to put the boat back on the trailor and call it a day. the boat was still in like 5 feet of water with the trailor under it. the boat was swinging all over the place! obviously they have never done this either. it swung all the way over to the area where another person can launch and trailor the boat, and brock a tail light on one of the trailors. the owner of the trailor was pissed off and the owner of the boat, the amature, was clearly feeling horrible thinking that he was going to have to pay for the damage that was done to the trailor. they owner of the trailor simply said," dont worry about it man, you need the money to fix up that boat of yours".

WOW WAS THIS FUNNY!!! hahaa[laugh][laugh][laugh][laugh][laugh]

joe
[signature]
lol , good ones joe ! i myself have launched my boat without the drain plugs in , nuttin like coming back from parking your car and trailer to see your boat sinking [crazy] .

i also had the misfortune of hearing something splash in the water while jigging for walleye in the detroit river , couldn't figure out what it was . when i got back to the docks i couldn't find the only set of car keys i had [pirate] .

yep , i've dun a number of these blond stunts , but never hauled my trailer around the lake , yet ! LOL !
[signature]
LOL, that I can believe about you Lonehunter. Oh wait, you're not female. [Wink]

LOL. I've got a story for you... and 'tis a true one too!

A couple weeks ago I was fishin' off a fishin' peer near a boat ramp. I looked over to see these people park their mini-van with boat in tow. They got out of the van, removed the straps from the boat, and carried the boat to the boat launch and set it in the water. LOL. I've never seen people struggle with a boat so much! It was obviously a pretty heavy load cuz they had the outboard connected at the time. ROFLMAO!!!
[signature]
LOL! OH THE BOAT RAMP STORIES WE'VE SEEN !

SA A GUY GET SO TICKED OFF FROM HIS WIFE'S GUIDENCE IN BASKING UP TO LAUNCH , HE NAILED IT GOING IN AND UP , 1/2 ON THE GANGPLANK 1/2 IN THE WATER . THE BOAT WAS ON IT'S SIDE .

SEEN A GUY TRY TO POWER HIS BOAT ONTO HIS TRAILER AND ENDED UP INTO HIS MINI VAN .

SEEN A GUY BACK HIS CAR INTO THE LAKE TRYING TO GET THE BOAT CLEAR OF THE GUIDES ON THE SIDE OF THE TRAILER .

MY FAVORITE OF ALL , A GUY THAT WAS IN A RUSH TO GO FISHING , LAUNCHED HIS BOAT PERFECT , TOOK OFF FOR THE FIRST PARKING SPOT HE COULD FIND IN A RUSH , AND FORGOT TO RELEASE THE BOW LINE ! ONE FOR THE SCRAP YARD WHEN HE FINALLY PARKED , THATS FOR SURE !
[signature]