Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Leaky and Bud at Mantua, 7-15-03
Hi folks,

Took a quick scouting trip to Mnatua for a few hours to scout to see if I should take my new fishing partner there. Wore my waders to protect against swimmers itch and fished from the tube. Caught a lot of small bass but the were steadily getting bigger until I quite at about 6 pm. I think I'll be able to show him a good time thursday. Also caught a good size blue gill. Do dogs get swimmers itch? I hope not!
congrats on winning post of the week for your last leaky/bud adventure post!

[url "http://www.bigfishtackle.com/cgi-bin/gforum/gforum.cgi?post=54948"]http://www.bigfishtackle.com/cgi-bin/gforum/gforum.cgi?post=54948[/url]

[Wink]

sm
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 3]Congratulations on being the BFT Post of the Week! I do believe that is a $25 gift certificate to TackleDirect.com. Cool! Again, congratulations![/size][/font]

[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 3]How were the weeds on Mantua? I'd think by now that the weeds would be THICK![/size][/font]
[signature]
How does someone win these drawings? Do I need to do something besides just post? Just curious, You know i'm trying to look like a BFT soldier!LOL

GOOD FISHIN TO YA!!!!!!!!!!
[signature]
Whaaaaaaat? WOW! Talking about being caught unawares!!!! I won something again?? That's the second time in my life! I didn't even know I was competing for something!! You guys are something else. I guess I'll have to check this out to see what I've done and how to cash in. If this was for about 4 times as much I could get a fish finder!!!! LOL I'll certainly use it guys, thanks a bunch!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yes, the weeds at Mantua were thick. Was using real light finesse stuff. It was fun though.

[Smile][Smile][Smile][crazy]Leaky
[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 3]Our admin, Dave T. Clown runs the post of the week. Us mods can nominate different posts for post of the week. Bottom line, Dave decides the winner from all the good posts from ALL boards. Just keep writing those good posts! Nothing else is needed to enter.[/size][/font]

[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 3]BTW, Leaky, you can thank our very own Nevada mod, southernman, for nominating your post. He thought enough of it to nominate it for post of the week. Thanks, southernman![/size][/font]
[signature]
Hey leaky, I'd be careful with the dog up there. As swimmers itch is a parasite, it doesn't care who/what it latches onto. I don't think I'd let him swim around. Good luck next time you head out.
[signature]
Kim,

Absolutely, I see no evidence of the "yellow" parisit in the fillets of the fish I caught. Even if they were in the flesh, as the dwr has stated in the past about this parisit from Pelican Lake, the fish are safe when cooked.

Leaky