Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
south east michigan report
there are signs of ice here and about.

portable shanties are popping up here and there.

[ul][li]if you are a biginner, travel the well corsed paths layed before you.[/li][/ul]

[ul][li]if you know what your doing be carefull[/li][/ul]

[ul][li]if your an expert, stay the hekk off the ice you dont belong out there.. [sly][laugh][/li][/ul]Happy new year and may the ice be with you...
[signature]
Last day for bow is thursday and i'm going to give it one last shot .
Then it's a new years morning on the Manistee or Au Sable for me [fishin].
[signature]
My brother in Maine called today , he said to tell you that if you need more of a winter climate for your neighborhood he would be glad to send you the 24" of snow he's getting right now [Image: happy.gif].

The last time we had a snowfall like that was back in 98 .
[signature]
I poked me a hole yesterday afternoon.

only found about three inches of ice.

as most every one here knows yesterday was the last day of bass season. and yup, I got me a bass. Pic to come as soon as I find me som fresh batteries for the camera.

We have a total of about 3 inches of snow on the ground at my house... hope the snow stays away untill we get a good ice base on our lakes..
[signature]
It was 5 degrees out before the sun went down , I almost want to go outside and put a coat on the snowman .
[signature]
It is zero right now, and we are not in the coldest part of the day...
[signature]
Yep , so far it's the coldest day of the year , [Image: happy.gif].
We brought in some wood for the fireplace today and I knew I wasn't going fishing with that wind in this cold .
[signature]
no body was out on my lake yesterday either, "bunch of panzies" [:p]

I would go out today but I want to catch a movie, "Martian Cronicals" tomarow looks like the better day anyways., tho this morning would have been great for jumbo perch.
[signature]
inland lakes are being reported from an inch to three inches. the bigger lakes like orchard stay off,
[signature]
There is fishable ice in the Wyndotte Marina behind the Hospital , not a hot spot by any meens with just a few perch being cought but it's ice to those locals that aren't going to travel far .
[signature]
the fish are hitting slow, but still worth the effort,

I caught 25-30 with only half dozen small keeper gills one one small keeper crappie.

the bite is about the same as last year. peck give a sec and then set.

todays catch
[url "http://javascript:;"][url "http://www.bigfishtackle.com/photos/data/713/medium/DSCN1362.JPG"][Image: DSCN1362.JPG][/url][/url]
[signature]
Man you used up the last bit of daylight to get that meal , didn't you ?
Can't blame you a bit , it's going slow up here too .
I did see a guy getting some pike down the road , definatly not keeper size .
[signature]
EXCELLENT REPORT!!! I wish you all the best of luck out there on the ice... I know I'm freezing my butt off right now... It has to be alot colder up there than it is here....
[signature]
Well the sun is shining birght,
my neighbor died last night,
but fishing is a delight,
because ice is every where in site.

lots of ice to report everywhere, there is some in the canals of ancor bay, but the bay it self is not quite ready yet. The canal of ancor bay is producing some gills and a few perch.

the bite has been slow everywhere, but there is ice so get out so I can imporve on my fishing reports.

I did get two runs on the tipup day for yesterday. did not go out yesterday... I might this afternoon aint decided yet.

gotta find out if the neighbor was taken to the hospitol or the morge. he is 95 year...
[signature]
95 is a pretty full life to live , just think of all that he has seen .
We definatly have a lot of ice now , shantys are all over the place ,it looks like a campground out on Houghton Lake .
The wife and I just returned from Westbranch where we had dinner with Bassass and his bride , we had a pretty good time . I think we spent more time in good conversation than we did eating .
[signature]
moderate and heavey snow falls are pushing down on the ice bringing water up on top of the ice... making for slushy walking conditions.

this may also mean there is some stess fractures on the ice, one may want to take extra precaution...

the bite was slow today, maybe tomarow will produce a swimmer or two
[signature]
Mighty Moose Strikes a gain

5 pike for today,
my biggest and the one I kept was 27 inches.
[url "javascript:;"][Image: DSCN1365.JPG][/url]

not caught by mighty moose is the two 9 inch gills and three 12 inch crappie.
[signature]
6 inches ice on pontiac lake.

Somebody put the wow in slow today,

well that is for the pan fish,

Mighty moose was bussy today pulling up pike left and right on pontiac lake.

I caught a total of 4 24-26 inchers with mighty moose and one 23 incher on my crappy rod with 4 pound test line using a number #12 circle hook. Yes it did take me a half hour to land him, and yes I had an audiance of eight,

sorry no pictures today I forgot to take my camera and I put them all back so I dont have a harvest pic. I left them all there for the next guy who wants to get in on the fun.

between 8 of us, I saw only one crappie and two respectible gills. no perch and no rock bass.

I did catch about a dozen or so gills but none of them keepers.

one of the guys got his elbo wet sticking his hand down the hole to grab his runaway rod. he caught it but at a cost, wet arm and lost jig.

rumor has it that there are eyes getting caught near the bridge in saginaw. I havent been there so I can not testify as to the quality of ice..
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 4]Comming from the sunny shore of Proud Lake today, aside from the long walk and being weary of the moving waters of the huron river t[/size][/font][font "Comic Sans MS"][#000000][size 4]hings were on the slow side again today,

aside from the hoards of tiny fish being caught I only saw one respectable gill and one borderline crappie.

I did have a little more pike action, ever have to be in two places at once? I hook in to one pike and in the process of getting him in I thought I had snagged my other line 20 feet away, So I paid no mind to the second rod, well that was untill I pulled in one pike and realized I had not snagged my other line so I ran over to fight and pull in the larger of the two toothied critters on 4 pound test line using a number 12 octopus hook.[/size][/#000000][/font]
[font "Verdana"][size 2][/size][/font]

[center][url "http://javascript:;"][url "http://www.bigfishtackle.com/photos/data/713/medium/2_Pike_at_a_time.JPG"][Image: 2_Pike_at_a_time.JPG][/url][/url]
[signature]
My luck the line would have broke on both of them [Image: happy.gif] .
Good job there Dave , real nice pike ya' have there .

Our little lake they don't get active until just before dark for some reason .

We had a fatality out on Saginaw bay yesterday , a 60 year old guy went threw the ice . It sure is becoming unstable out there .

Plenty of spots opening up on our ice too .
[signature]