Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lees Ferry in spring =)
Ok, Zak (Kochanut) posted about Lees Ferry and got
me all fired up about it (in a good way)[Smile]
I have been doing some homework about it and looking
at some pictures.
I really want to go there in early spring 2010 (april,may).
Anyone wants to split a guide services for couple of
days in spring?

Peter
[signature]
let me find out if im deploying again (son of a .....) and if im not i might be down for that
[signature]
That would be very cool [Smile]

Peter
[signature]
hey man, as of right now it looks like im not deploying, so, lets start hammering out some tentative dates. ill call down there tomorrow for rates. i would like to run up in the jet boat, at least 2 days of fishing, let me know what ya think.
[signature]
Two days of fishing in the boat sounds great to me. The
only problem with my job is that I really dont know what
Im going to be going couple mounts from now.
For me its kinda "last minute" desicion.
I know that sucks but the money and benefits are so
good[angelic]

Peter
[signature]
ok ill PM you my work/email addy here soon, ill show ya the dates im free around then, let me call for prices first and ill also let you know
[signature]
Sounds good.

Thank you
[signature]
I'm heading down to southern Utah for a couple days of hiking and flyfishing tomorrow. You got me thinking about Lee's Ferry so might make the drive across the border and give it a try for a day. Here's a couple pics from a winter trip 2 years ago. The moon rising was taken just after I stopped fishing for the day.
[signature]
Fantastic pictures !!!
Thank you for sharing Riverdog.

Peter
[signature]
</script>[quote riverdog]I'm heading down to southern Utah for a couple days of hiking and flyfishing tomorrow. You got me thinking about Lee's Ferry so might make the drive across the border and give it a try for a day. Here's a couple pics from a winter trip 2 years ago. The moon rising was taken just after I stopped fishing for the day.[/quote]

Riverdog,

Be fore-warned, the flows are still very high right now. Most of the good lyes are out too deep to get to after about 10:30-11am. The weekends arn't as bad due to less power usage in Cali. The walk-in is fishing good right now, but again, it's tough wading. Heavy and deep is the name of the game.
[signature]
Thanks Mike,
I saw the flows and release schedule from the dam and didn't go to Lees Ferry. Plus it was still a little cold for my liking. Stuck with the small streams in SW Utah. Beautiful warm weather but but fishing was fair for smaller trout. Do you know when the flows should come down at Lees Ferry? I'd like to go in the next month or two as the weather warms up a bit.
[signature]
Sorry, I don't know when the flows will lower. I hope to get out there a lot this spring. I bought a non-resident license to fish the Colorado River in AZ. It's like $48 for the year or $17 per day. So it doesn't take long to reach the benefit of buying a full year.
[signature]