Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ice Fishing Suit Help
I'm thinking of upgrading into a new ice fishing suit and a friend turned me on to the Arctic Series sold by Crosslake Sales.com. He just ordered on but I’m wondering if anyone has any experience with these suits? They look pretty nice and are susposed to be around $300 off retail. Sure are cheaper then the others I’ve checked out. I’m looking at the one piece as I get cold very easy.

Thanks in advance.
Cisco
[signature]
I picked up a nice one peice two years ago.

it is still brand new, only worn twice. there is a reason that it has only been warn twice.

it dose not allow me full movement. I notice it most when riding my quad and shoveling snow and ice fishing.

I got the one peice to replace the thermal overhaul pants. I wear a fleece and a thermal sweater over top the overhauls and then my winter coat over that. I have yet to close up my coat even in temps down to zero. I am just as comfortable as if I was sitting in my living room, actualy wormer because I am moving around.

I think if you buy one on line you are taking a gamble on the cut of the cloth. Trying one on and move around in the store a bit, bend over and tie your shoes. do your side to side twist and reach for the sky.

these are all the movements that you use while ice fishing, the last thing you want is restricted movement when you need to land that hog. I swear every year some one is lowering the hole, it seems to get further and further out of reach. [:p]

worm boots is manditory, at least 1/2 size to 1 size larger than you normaly wear. spend the money and buy something rated down to 20 below. keep your feet worm and the rest of you will be much happier and wormer.

most people who cant handle the cold have poor footwear issues and dont know it.

as for the one peice you are refering to, I realy dont know anything about them. None of the good quality suits are cheep by no means. The one I got I picked up on a close out sale. It is a carhart. Good quality material, snappy looking suit.

the overhauls I picked them up at a fraction of the price at Home Depot 10 years ago. I sugest you go to a construction store and look at what they have to offer before you invest in to an online suit. At the vary least wait untill your buddy gets his back and look at the gib of the cloth before making such an investment.
[signature]
If you are going to spend that much you might as well get one that has floatation built into it . Then if you ever go through you won't sink . You can get a set of bibs and a jacket from Artic Armor for $ 319.00 Free shipping and free gloves . Curt G.
[signature]
floatation devices is never a bad idea...[cool]
[signature]
I just ordered the arctic armor suit yesterday. Got the arctic armor plus jacket and bibs free gloves and free shipping for $339.00 . I hope it will be warm and maybe give me a little flotation if I should go for a swim.
[signature]
Got my suit from crosslake sales and love it. Very warm and moves well in cold temps. I also orderd on of those Pak Shack shelters as a back up or on the rare occasion when the old lady wants to go out. I don't know if I would pay more then $50 for one but they are perfect for nicer days on the ice when you don't want to haul out the bigger shack. [Smile]

Cisco
[signature]