Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
introduction
[fishin]
Hey everyone I'm new to the site but look forward to plenty of good conversations and laughs in the future. My favorite fishing is for perch, walleye, and the occasional slimer(trout).
[signature]
hiya bucket full and welcome to the site..

just curious.. when on the water what type of fishing do you prefer (bait, fly etc) ??

MacFly
[signature]
Welcome to the site ABF, I see you have already found the Utah board but here is a link to our fresh water fishing boards:
[url "http://www.bigfishtackle.com/forum/gforum.cgi?category=70"]http://www.bigfishtackle.com/...orum.cgi?category=70[/url]
I see you are interested in ice fishing, where is your favorite place to ice fish?
WH2
[signature]
BELIEVE ME YOU WON'T FIND KNOWLEDGE LIKE YOU WILL FIND HERE: I've been on here posting and reading some of these posts and this information is better than I've received from any Professional fisherman. These guys really know what there talking about and can help you out with Walleye, perch or any species of fish.... Let us know what lake/stream your interested in and we will do the best to help you out?
[signature]
I usually like to fish with bait and lures. I have never tried the fly rod, but maybe one day
[signature]
[Image: happy.gif] I usually like to fish Utah lake, Yuba, and Schofield
[signature]
Thanks for your reply and I look forward to helping and being helped by the forum!
[signature]
well I am sure you will find lots of help on the freshwater forum...

MacFly [cool]
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][#008000][Image: happy.gif]Hi there bucket and welcome to our forum. Here is a link to the [/#008000][/font][url "http://www.bigfishtackle.com/forum/gforum.cgi?category=69"][font "Comic Sans MS"][#008000]Fly_Fishing[/#008000][/font][/url][font "Comic Sans MS"][#008000] forum, so drop in and see what we're all about.[/#008000][/font]
[signature]
That Fly fish forum is very resourceful... I checked it out and gained a great bit of information from it.... Thank you for sharing with us....
[signature]
I moved your Deer Creek post to the Utah main board. All members should post their fishing related questions, when they are about a certain body on water within the state they live, to the state where they are from. This board is kind of like a help board and of course an intro board. We are more that glad to help you find your way around BFT but remember BFT covers every state and some countries. Most of the moderators, on this board, will not be able to answer questions about every state. Thanks for understanding.
WH2
[signature]
Question about state fisherman!!! If you fish in Utah do you mainly stay on the Utah board or do check out the whole Forum? I'm wondering if all information about fishing relates to you guys, or you have something specific you all talk about?
[signature]
I'm a moderator on the Utah boards and the intro board. The other two moderators on this board are also moderators on other boards including the fly fishing board and the Cal boards. We all have knowledge about a lot of different states, just not every state, so we try to answer questions about other states when we can. There are many boards that we all check out because we have some interest in those boards even if we don't moderate on them. We don't mind when members come on this board and welcome new members, if helps make this a more friendly site. I hope this answers your question.
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][#008000][Image: happy.gif]Hi there Madman - I might add that you should feel free to post on any forum/board that is of interest to you. Some folks stay within the confines of a particular state and others roam looking for subjects that peek their interest. The main thing is to have fun inter-acting with other members.[/#008000][/font]
[signature]
I have to back up what DR and WH 2 say.. we all roam to some extent... I mod here and the fly fishing forum but go to the float tubing and Utah fly fishing forums as well.. it all depends on your interests as an angler....

if at some point you are not sure which forum to go to for a particular question feel free to ask here since we all check the forum throughout the day and can generally point you in the right direction..

MacFly [cool]
[signature]
HERE TO HELP ALL FISHERMAN: Guys I'm here to help all fisherman on the forum and I'm trying to learn all the topics... If you ever need any help don't hesitate to ask me and I will help you best I can.... My specialty is bass fishing, but I do trout fish, musky fish and just about any other species....

Thank you!!!
[signature]