Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
BEST MUSKY WATERS IN NORTH AMERICA
WHERE THE BIG MUSKY LIVE: North America has plenty of areas where the big Musky roam.... If you had the choice to choose area to fish for Musky where would it be???? The water I came custom to catching them out of is the Scioto River in Ohio.... Many great lakes to pick from but I would probably pick Cumberland lake in Kentucky.....
[signature]
canada. [Wink][Wink][Wink]
[signature]
OUTSTANDING MUSKY WATERS IN CANADA:
Many anglers travel up to the Northern waters every year to fish the Mother Nature's waters of Canada for Smallmouth/musky/pike and other species....Plenty of stream/lakes out in the middle of the wilderness that are virgin waters ready for the pickin....
[signature]
Without a doubt, if I wanted musky in quantity AND size, I'd choose Lake of the Woods, Ontario. We fished out of Crow Rock Lodge, reached via 30 mins. by speedboat from Kenora. Reasonable price, nice accommodations, (both full AP or do-it-yourself), and fine guides. In one week, I took 5 musky up to 42" on flies, and my buddy took 4, including 42", 45" and a whopping 52" (40#) female, We caught several pike 37 - 41 inches, and they have several walk-in lakes (easy walking) for smallies. We caught 80 in 1 day. My biggest on flies there was 4 pounds.

Google Crow Rock Lodge for their web site. You can't go wrong.

Pike Fly Guy
[signature]
I would definitely choose Eastern Ontario if you are looking for a monster. Their are 4 options with potential world records in them: 1. Ottawa River 2. St. Lawrence Seaway 3. Rideau River 4. Madawaska River.

If you are looking to catch a high number of fish Lake of the Woods is an exceptional option... however I would never expect a record out of there.... lots of mid-rance fish available though.
[signature]
My best musky adventure would have to be on the Clearwater/Pipestone chain of lakes in northwestern ontario. It was awesome! I stayed at Clearwater Lodge which was cool because I was able to have access to both clearwater and pipestone without having to pay the portage fees. Owners were really helpful as where to start as well. As far as crow and lake of the woods... I've been there. If you like bobbing around all day in other people's wakes, and fishing in disgusting water then go there. Lake of the Woods is over populated, over fished, and over priced. I have always found my best adventures to be in the little nooks and crannies of the earth. I had to check out Pipestone once I found out that it was Dick Pearson's honey hole!
[signature]
Being a fellow buckeye it found it very interesting you'd pick Cumberland for muskie. I've never caught one there. For a short drive ski trip i'd vote St. Clair or the Detroit river ~ both a good chance at a 50 incher [Smile]

AJ
[signature]