Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
DALE HOLLOW LAKE PROMOTING KING OF THE LAKE
NEVER EVER HAVE I EVER WITNESSED THIS ON ANY LAKE: Dale Hollow lake will be promoting tournament series that crown the kings of the lake.... Supposedly there will be 6 tournaments through out the year, whoever has the best score at the end of the year will be champions/Kings...

Now I want everyone to think about this.... Has anyone ever witnessed this in your lifetime?
[signature]
I always fished tournaments for some cash, good times and bragging rights lol. being king of the lake kinda sounds corky to me lol. now will everybody in the tournament next year need to call the previous years winner sire?????
[signature]
SMALLMOUTH KING OF THE LAKE:
Only sounds corky if your not the winner.... Dale Hollow has established reputation as the best Big Smallmouth Lake in the World.... People from all over come to fish the well known World Record lake in search for the illusive Monster Smallmouth bass....

In the past decade of slot limit and more catch & Release fisherman in the history of the lake has made the fishing the best some have seen it in over two decades... No major tournaments are fished there through out the year, so these series of tournaments will be able to give the lake some recognition and show folks how great of lake Dale Hollow has become....

You never know I might even be the next Kings.... Work will have to let me off certain days to be able to fish it....
[signature]
Well good luck with that. work can be a real pain in the fishermens neck [mad]. If you decide to go it be sure to take a camera and let us know how you do. I love smallmouth and you like to see what this place is all about. what state is this lake in anyway?
[signature]
HEAVEN'S LAKE: This Crystal crear lake sits on the border of Tennessee and Kentucky, Aproximately about 50 miles from Cumberland Lake.... In the 1930's TVA flooded the Obey River and Wolf River to create Dale Hollow... You will not find any other lake that provides habitat for smallmouth like Dale Hollow does.... Lake is full of shale rock, pea gravel, grass flats and chunk rock that Smallmouth grow to World record sizes.... The lake currently holds the World record Smallmouth 11.15 lbs caught in the 1950's.... Once you fish this lake once you will be addicted for the rest of your life...
[signature]
Well that aint to far from me but its not to close either lol. it may be worth making a trip down there with the boat and camping for a week. i'll do some more research on the area and see if me and the ole lady would like to come down. Just googled it, its only a 10 hour drive. not so bad. in a year or 2 i just may take a little trip.

How is the fishing pressure there? what is your average catch per hour?
[signature]
GREAT GUIDES ON DALE HOLLOW LAKE:
This spring I will be fishing five days in a row... Your more than welcome to come down and fish with us... Spring is when the 7 & 8 lb Smallmouth bite... They will hit on pea gravel, grass flats and a few bluffs.... Most used baits during the spring that are very effective Jerkbaits, small hair jigs, grubs, crankbaits and swimbaits.... Usually, smallmouth will hit back in the creeks early morning and evening, middle of the day smallmouth stage on flats moving in and out to feed....

Bobby Gentry is well known guide and good friend of mine.... He was on the cover of Bass Master magazine few years ago... If you need his phone number let me know???
[signature]
well i will not be down this year but i will consider it next year or the following. I would love to come down for a week and camp out.
[signature]
DALE HOLLOW LAKE IS ON FIRE:
Guys, the Float N Fly bite on Dale Hollow is absolutely on fire right now.... They are catching some big smallmouth on pea/gravel banks fishing for fish suspended in about 12 ft below the surface... I seen some pictures of some toads that were caught last week.... They were all caught on the lower end, with some caught off the main points at Horse Creek and outside rock hollow flat close to the main river channel... After looking at these pictures, it has made me get the fever... I've got to get down there soon and get on the fly bite....
[signature]