Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ice fishing get together?
I know it's the middle of summer but all this talk about perch and lake powell have got me thinking about where to have a ice party we all can make. Since we all have our favorite ice fishing holes, throw it out and will all pick a spot.

I vote [#ff0000][size 2]FISH LAKE.[/size][/#ff0000]
[signature]
Fish Lake sounds good to go as a group,my pick-Rockport 50 yards out from the boat launch (when we get ice)
[signature]
Sounds like alot of fun! I have never been ice fishing before and would like to give it a try. Fish lake and rockport sound good to me.
[signature]
I'm not sure where Rockport is but I'm sure any place some where in the middle of the state works. As long as the fishing is good.

Just trying to get everybody from BFT to make it.
[signature]
FISH LAKE!
[signature]
Rockport would be good for us up North( it's northeast of Park city) but just to make it fair for everyone (from the north and the south part of the state) I'll say Fishlake also. WH2
[signature]
Whoops forgot to sign in. Guest was me. Icefool
[signature]
fishlake!!

fish on dudes
[signature]
Don't know where luckygal came from. But I hope I got rid of it.
[signature]
i say pineview, yet i do relize it is pretty far up north so i wouls make my next one strawberry, centrally located and everybody loves to hook big cuts in the ice, right?

that is roads vote too i am sure, he has been dieing for this subject to be brought up.
[signature]
I am there wherever it is! I have never been to fish lake so I think that would be my vote. But strawberry is good and jordanelle by the rock cliff area can be red hot, it has been for me anyway(on the ice).Never icefished rockport either.

GOOD FISHIN TO YA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
[signature]
ICE FISHING!?!?!?

I'm going "ice fishing" this evening with my wife, really!

Got home a little while ago to an evap. cooled home where the master bedroom faces directly south and the D%$#&d cooler outlet is two bends of the hallway away - sleeping the last couple of nites has been a "bit fitful". Went out on the back patio, tore the lid off the summer-dormant hot tub, got all the ice in the house - icemaker ice, camping ice, cocktail ice, ect. and tossed it in. We're aiming for a "cold tub" tonight!!! Spent 30 years in AZ and always had a pool in the backyard - standard equipment in the desert, man do I miss it right now!

Keep Cool...
[signature]
Ya looks like were going to have a killer BFT party. here's a vote break down so far. Do we all want to do some sort of dinner or fish fry as well or just bring your own and meet up someplace. Boy oh Boy I'm getting excited just thinking about ice fishing. I've got a couple camp chef stoves and a power auger if we need those.

Fish Lake - 8

Rockport - 3

Strawberry- 2

Jordanelle- 1

Pinview - 1
[signature]
FISH LAKE OVER NEW YEARS!!!!!!

Great fishing. Usually 10-20 below. Snowmobile races across the lake at 3:00a.m. Human anti-freeze needed for this event. No need for ice. Bring coolers just to keep everything from freezing solid. Fish are cryogenically preserved in what seems like seconds.

I'm in.
[signature]
alright im not much for ice fishing, but ill say fish lake . . .

sm
[signature]
Fish Lake is always tons o' fun. I've gone the last 6 winters and always had a blast. The more the merrier. It also gives me an excuse to go there x2 this winter.[Wink] Actually, anywhere is fine with me!
[signature]
never been ice fishing my daughter is fascinted with it she wants to go really bad! she was dissapointed with perch party at pineview cause they did not have one this year! fish lake would be great 4 me! dont know how to ice fish but with people there me and my daughter can learn
[signature]
I would have to say Strawberry! I've never been to fish lake and the Berry Rocks!!!!
[signature]
[#ff0000]I was curious about the road and snow situations at Fishlake. Do they keep it plowed well? It is one of my all time favorites in fair weather and would love to give it a go when the water gets cold and hard. I would suggest picking an alternate such as Rockport or Deer Creek as well, just in case we get weathered out like we did at Strawberry last year. [/#ff0000]
[signature]
I'd be ok with Pineview or Strawberry, never been ice fishing, need to try this out.
[signature]