Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
catfishing for the first time take a look at this.
[Wink]catfish is the easiest fish for the first time fisherman,as there is plenty of lakes and rivers full of them.all you need is a good pole and some 20 pound test line and some hooks and weights,then the bait and your fishing .heres a couplle of tips for the new comers or old timers to have.try to take several types of bait with you as they might be finicky some times.also look at where you fish before you through out that line,location of bait is the key as much as type.if your fishing a riverlook for breaks ,bends and runoffsas well as cover in the water you can see .as catfish will feed on the best meal it can get without spending that much of its own energy.,larger baits can and do attract larger fish so dont be skimpy when baitting up.also rigging has a lot to do with the presntation 2 rigs i rely on when catfishing are as follows,1 rivers i use a 3 way swivel and tie light line to bottom and add 2 ounce weight ,add same line as reel for 2 foot leader for second hole in sweviland then add 4ought hook or better , last but not least tie on to main line.now for lakes or pondsit is a lot different setup[ as you dont have the current of a river to contend with,first i take a plain double hole swivel tie 2 ft of the same line you useing to a weight 1ounce will do then thread the swevil onto main linepull up 1 and a half foot the pinch on two split shots half a foot apart in front and behind swivel so it can move but not come all the way down tie 4 or better hook to the very end of your line and you have one leathel fishing rig for cats.good luck and remember if you cant eat it let it go.
[signature]