Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
salmon eggs...?
Anyone know where I could purchase fresh or even cured single salmon eggs for tying into egg sacs. Any help would be much appreciated for iam hoping to do some steelhead/brown trout fishing soon.
[signature]
You are going to want to stay away from fresh salmon eggs.

fresh eggs have been banned in michigan, cured eggs are good to go. Reason is you dont want to pass any deseases, especialy if you are taking eggs from a fish in one body of water and using them in another.

You can buy single eggs in a jar between 3-5 bucks, I picked up a jar this year my self.

most every large fishing store carries them on the shelf. You can order them from most of the large on line stores as well. Bass Pro, Cabellas, Gander Mountain, Dicks ect....

this is the brand I picked up this year, it did ok by me. they are loose in a jar, you can get them already tied if you like.

you can copy and paist it in to your search engine and it will come up with people who sell it, or if you have a BP shop near by you can enter that in to thier search engine on thier web page.

Atlas Natural salmon eggs
[signature]
I should add, most every small store in trout and salmon fishing areas will also try to keep them on the shelf...
[signature]
Here's a good video if you are interested in curing your own salmon eggs
http://www.bigfishtackle.com/videos/Fish...p_538.html
[signature]
¸.·´¯`·.´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸><(((º>

TheAngler BFT Moderator