Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Augers, sold out everywhere!!!!
Okay so this Saturday I went to Sportsmans Whs. Provo, Cabelas, and two other smaller sporting goods stores. Sold out of both power and hand augers.

Whats the deal and where can I find a hand auger before this weekend????
[signature]
no one did clearance at the end of last years ice season, so they are attempting to move last years stock and wont be reordering till next season.

When I was at Gander Mountain I saw them doing inventory and moving everything in to the back room and off the floor where it got shrink rapped.

I am asuming all the other stores followed suit.

When you were at Bass pro you should have asked them wich store had what you wanted.

You may want to try calling their national number and they might be able to get one shipped to you in time. Same with Cabella's national number.

There is also Dick Sporting,

worst case senario, look up the auger you like and call thier office over the phone and ask them to tell you who ordered what in your area this year. They will gladly give you that info if you tell them you are trying to perchase one.
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][#800000][size 4]Deleted[/size][/#800000][/font]
Bob Hicks, from Utah
I'm 81 years young and going as hard as I can for as long as I can.
"Free men do not ask permission to bear arms."
[font "Comic Sans MS"][#800000][size 4]If you don't mind the drive up, Anglers Den in Roy still has a few Strikemasters in stock as of Noon today.[/size][/#800000][/font]
[signature]
Bob Hicks, from Utah
I'm 81 years young and going as hard as I can for as long as I can.
"Free men do not ask permission to bear arms."
You could call Cal Ranch , The ones in Idaho still have some hand augers . There are a bunch on Ebay too . Curt G.
[signature]
Thanks guys! Really didn't think it would be this big of a hassle finding an auger in Utah. I will check all these spots. Hopefully find a used one someone is selling quickly worst case.
[signature]
Found one, Spanish Fork Cal Ranch. They still have 10 Strikemaster manuals left for anyone interested, $50.
[signature]
that price sounds like the mora style augers and not the lazer jet style.

the lazers are a good 30 bucks higher in price...
[signature]
Smith and Edwards in Far West had 8 Strikmasters Lazers last Thursday.

I purchased the last Eskimo at Sportsman in Midvale Sunday. It was their display. Needless to say we did not get on the ice at Strawberry till 11:30 am.

Skunkfest but had a great day any way.[Smile]

[Image: happy.gif]
[signature]
Yes, just a Mora I'm not too hardcore about ice fishing yet so $50 was plenty for me to spend.
[signature]
midvail store has a few power augers as of tuesday that i saw. also try gallinsons they had a few hand augers monday.[Wink]
[signature]
cal-ranch buddy try that[Smile]
[signature]
WOW! I got a Eskimo Mako M43 power auger saturday at the sportsmans in Provo, UT. I got mine at about 11:30 am and they still have 4 or 5 left they said. They must have went quick after I got mine. But I am not suprised with the great deal that I got on mine. It was a price I could not pass up!
[signature]
I know you already got one, so this is just an FYI,

I was at bass pro in aburn hills michigan last week and they had over a hundred of them on the floor any style you want.

so if any one want one by this weekend they can get one ordered and shipped.
[signature]