Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mantua success, 7-17-03
Hi folks again,

Well it was a complete success! I took my fishing bud there with our dogs and float tubes and he caught a 19 in. LM!!!!!!!! The biggest he's ever caught!!! We caught bass, blue gill and a big perch. He's going to have a big back yard cook tomorrow!

[Smile][crazy][Smile]Leaky
Going to take the porta-bote to mantua on Saturday--will be the first time fishing it. Sounds like you've been pretty successfull, could you fill me in on specifics-what part of lake and what your using. Is it just the poppers? Don't care to much about the trout, but would like to get into some bass--and don't worry, what we catch is going right back. Thanks -- pm if you prefer.
[signature]
Porta,

I normally tell all but am a little reluctant with Mantua since in my opinion it's farly small and can stand only so much pressure. Please pm me, ok?

[unsure]Leaky
Hi again,

Forgot to mention that we ran across the biggest rattler I've ever seen in the wild out there. He was a monster. He was right next to the road where we parked on the North East side. We were lucky! I have a hearing problem such that I can't hear the rattle!!!!!!! Bud is afraid of snakes and alerted on him. He was all coiled and rattling like crazy. I could see those buttons shaking like crazy. Walked right up to him before I saw what was going on, he was in the brush. WOW! I never, never want to see the results of a dog being bit on the nose or face by one of those guys. Be careful out there folks!!!!!!!

[Sad][Sad][crazy]Leaky