Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Look What got caught at FISH LAKE boys!!!
41 lb 5 oz MACK 42 inches long[crazy]
[signature]
Come on, where are the details [Smile]. Nice fish, wish we would have had that kind of luck last weekend.
[signature]
So thats what they look like!!! Very Nice lets hear the details!
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][#000000][size 4] I agree , c'mon Pikeman. We need Details, did you catch that Pig ? [/size][/#000000][/font]
[signature]
WOW!! Any bets what that lake will look like this weekend..he, he, he.
[signature]
Flygoddess...you took the words right out of my mouth[shocked]
[signature]
hold it hold it hold it! I didnt catch it, a gentlemen from Richfield did. I know the picture doesnt do the fish justice because there is nothing in the picture to compare with. I just thought I would share it with you guys, the picture, the weight, & the length. & oh yeah the water it was caught out of. Now it looks like to me, that its one of those old old Lake Michigan Macks. They were the ones that were real colorful. They were also planted along long long time ago. Thought you would enjoy!
[signature]
By the looks of the fish in the picture it looks more like a splake then a Mack,not saying its not a Mack.Caught a ton of smaller splake that had the same colors as this fish.Plus I dont't know if splake can grow that big?? Still a very nice fish that would be a trill to pull that thru your ice hole.
[signature]
This is the first time there is a picture of a big dead mac and the thread has not been locked......yet !!!
[signature]
How do you get a fish like that through the ice if you're not looking for giant fish?? Wow! The colors have been intensified photoshop or something, that's why everything looks funny, she was probably just colored like your run-of-the-mill gigantic 41 pound laker in real life [Smile] dang
[signature]
I'm with you, that is the weirdest looking picture I have ever seen. Why are the colors so blurry and fake looking? It doesn't even look real, it looks like a mount, well I guess a mount might look more alive than that thing? Pretty weird!!!
[signature]
Back in the day when I had no responsibilities my buddies and I would hit the ice all day and part of the night until we sobered up enough to drive to the hotel. One of our favorite pranks would be to trick somebody else while they weren't paying attention to their rod and knock it off the bucket or make it look like they had a fish on the rod by messing with the line...is that what you are doing to me? No disrespect my fellow fisherman but I'm going to say what the other 389 (edit: 811) people who viewed this have not.
Are you sure this is from Fish Lake along with the measurements? No doubt it's a nice fish but I'm always skeptical when I see a trophy fish with all the details but no person holding it, no tape, no scale, etc.
I could be wrong, I've caught several bass that were worthy of taking a picture of me with it but in the picture the bass didn't look all that great but...I was in the picture...there was a background...and there was always the guy/gal that took the picture.
Something to think about, my two pennies worth.
[signature]
Here we go again... <sigh>
[signature]
Hey Pikeman!
Not buying it! Looks more like a five pound splake....

When you coming up for burbot?
[signature]
Yeah not buyin that either look at the size of the foot prints nice fish but far from 41 lbs
[signature]
who care what the jealous 4 year old girls say, sweet fish man!!
[signature]
It's totally a splake. You can tell by the spotting and the red tint in the fins. As for the weight and length, it's hard to tell without something to scale it to. It could be as big as they say. Or it could be 10 lbs. And that is what they look like out of Fish Lake. I don't know what it is about the water there but the fish are always prettier than anywhere else I've ever fished.
[signature]
I dont Mac fish so the next few sentenaces are going to make me look like a retard but..........

are Splake and Macs in the same family? i looked at some pictures and they are damn near identical. what isthe main differance between these 2 fish? Fuzzy caught that big ass splake out of Joe's Valley last year, was like 27 inches long or so, i assume thats about the biggest Splake get? Final question... if you happen to catch a bigger Splake, do you eat them? the few little Macs i have caught i was told to kill immediatly (in Blue Mesa CO they are out of control in population) but that they were not any good to eat?
[signature]
If the tip of the boot in the photo is 3", then the fish can be 41" . I've seen several large macks from Fishlake just like this one. Very char like colors and just like ones from northern Canada. My 2 Cents.
[signature]
Splake are a hybrid from a lake trout and a brookie (aka speckled trout, not the salt water one.) hence the S before the lake. I have never caught one before but I am pretty sure they dont grow near as big as the lakers. The one fuzzy caught is a giant splake. Hence the state record... I hope I answered the question accurately.
[signature]