Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Alexander Res
I am thinking about heading down that way next week and am looking for some info on this place. I have never fished it before. Any one fished it lately? Where is a good place to access it? Looking to target Perch and maybe a cat or two.
[signature]
I got a good report a few weeks ago and checked it out for myself. It's a big, shallow reservoir so I went to the dam. Follow the road that takes you to the power plant and you will see a few non-inhabited houses. Cross the ice and head to the south shore below the pines. It's fairly deep (40-60 ft) and you will get into perch over there. Any of your usual perch set-ups should do - just put it 6 inches or so off the bottom. Let me know if this helps.

--

Coop
[signature]
Thanks for the reply. I will have to try it there and see what happens.
[signature]
Anybody hit it this weekend? How about how thick the ice is?
[signature]
My buddy and I made it down there Saturday. It snowed all day and the wind blew also. It was not to bad of a day tho. Between the 2 of us, we pulled out over 100 perch. I ended up bringing 45 home and my buddy took around 30+ home. I threw back around 30. Nothing was over 9" and the average would be around 6". We even caught perch around 3". We landed a few small planter bows, but nothing else. There was nothing on the Vex but Perch. I seen one blip come across the screen all day and that was it. It was a busy place also. We were the first ones on the ice. Snow was about 1' thick on top of 19" of ice. I bet around noon there were 40+ people that surrounded us by the dam. By the time we left at about dark, there were maybe 8-10 people left. All in all it was a good day. Not sure I will ice fish it again as I can catch perch like this at AF and have a few that go bigger up to 12" there.
[signature]
Very good information. Glad to hear there is somewhere to catch good amounts of perch. Hopefully they will get bigger in years to come.

Windriver
[signature]