Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Charleston,SC Fishing report, Thursday, Jan 14th 2010 (Pic's)
Charleston,SC ICW north of Charleston Harbor.
Water temp 43-44 degrees
Last part of outgoing low tide ,Partly cloudy, Air temp low 60's to high 50's.
We found the fish at the first area we went to. Looked to be a school of about 100 fish.
[Image: reelfishhead01.jpg]
Most of the fish were over the 23" slot, with about 10 fish being caught in three hours.
[Image: reelfishhead02.jpg]
Bait was Berkley Gulp Alive, in the crab and shrimp pattern.
[Image: reelfishhead03.jpg]
Tackle was, (Reel) Penn Conquer CQR2000 (Rod) Shakespeare Agility ASP 6086 2-M Medium action 8'6" (Line) SpiderWire Invisi-Braid 10lb.
[Image: reelfishhead04.jpg]
The second location that we went too held plenty of fish, but the bite turned off after the tide changed...
Did not see any dead trout, but did see two dead pelicans.
[Image: reelfishhead05.jpg]
[Image: reelfishhead06.jpg]
All pictures are copyrighted.
[signature]
CHARLESTON, SC EQUALS BIG RED FISH!!!!
That is awesome, you got me pumped up looking at those hawgs.... With this cold weather up North I need to make a trip down to South Carolina and get on some of those red fish.... This summer I plan on taking trip to Myrtle Beach, do you think the red fish will be biting that time of year???Or is the winter bite the best, so I should be going down during the winter??? Are you guys using live bait or artificial lures this time of year???
[signature]
You asked,,,,"I plan on taking trip to Myrtle Beach, do you think the red fish will be biting that time of year???"

Yes.

"Or is the winter bite the best,"
The fall is the best time.

"so I should be going down during the winter???"
You can catch fish year round here in Charleston

"Are you guys using live bait or artificial lures this time of year???"
Artificial. Gulp Alive is the best.
[signature]
MYRTLE BEACH IS STILL BEAUTIFUL IN THE FALL:
The fall would be perfect timing, hotels are at discount that time of year because it is their offseason, and the ocean is still beautiful.... I'll probably book trip with you or someone else in October, I will go Red fishing and my wife can do the tourist thing in Charleston, SC.... We took buggy ride around town the last time I was there, it was absolutely amazing looking at the homes dating back in the 1700's.... Pirate was hung right there in the park, what a tell the tourist director told us about.... Well, it looks like I'll be bringing my fishing poles this time around....
[signature]
Quote,,,"MYRTLE BEACH IS STILL BEAUTIFUL IN THE FALL"

You are the first person I have EVER heard that from! There is nothing there but concrete buildings and a beach......

Are you talking about Charleston?
[signature]
MYRTLE BEACH IS ONE OF the top vacation spots in South Carolina.... My grandparents use to take my father there every summer.... Most vacationers come down from Indiana, Ohio, West Virginia.... Personally I think it is pretty amazing down there and enjoy vacationing there with my family... Memories from the Pavillion there in the main strip at Myrtle Beach, me picking up girl from Evansville, IN when I was 15.... Childhood memories can hold on for life, that is what keeps me coming back.... Plus, all the great seafood restaurants all over the place... My first saltwater fish, sand shark was caught off one of the peirs there....
[signature]
Nice Rick. The BSB bite is hot right now as well. I'm going to try and get there before the SAFMC bans them too! [laugh][sly] We've got till March before we can keep anymore grouper or snapper, so might as well ban them to make it even accross the board. I'm being a smart ass right now, but mark my words, they'll be on the chopping block next fall, along with the grouper/snapper complex. I hope we get a louder voice up in the SAFMC this time around. The vote is going down in Feburary I believe.

Nice reds though. I tell you what i'm going to spank hard this year, and that's cobia. My problem is if I get out to the inshore reef and it's glassy, I have a hard time pulling the throttle back. I want to keep going. LOL, i'm going to have to work on that.
[signature]