Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
out board carb overhaul
i just received a 20 foot deck boat project it needs a little tlc, carpet,seat covers, all the same things that a boat needs after sitting a couple of years,
the gent i got this boat from said he thinks the carb may need rebuilding since it set so long it hasent been run in a couple of years the motor turns over well but i did not attempt to start it its 140 hp suzuki motor anyone realy good on out board motors,
i could not pass this project up the price was really good
so i might as well restore it and have some fun with it

also i need to do some seat covers anyone know where to get good materials.

any help would be welcomed...

its a deck boat pro 190 20'
[signature]
What I would do is to drain out all the old gas, then get some new gas with the proper oil and add the recommened amount of sea-foam to the gas. Then try to start the motor. (check for spark first, use brand new plugs) If it won't start after several good tries, then consider the rebuild. If it starts, use some earmuffs to get it up to full operating temp and let it run at a little above an idle for a good while. Not to fast as with no load on the prop it will over rev quickly.
The sea foam is great for cleaning out all manner of deposits and varnish from old gas. It will really help if the motor will run. If the motor won't start I suggest calling Lee's in Hyrum. It is a haul but I have heard nothing but good things about how he really fixes things and charges reasonable prices.
[signature]