Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Just a Fast Hello and a Tight Lines Greeting...
Hello everyone...[Smile]

Just thought I would stop in and say Hi.
I guess the long and short of it would be..... that about two years ago , my friends got me hooked on ICE fishing. Which in turn is not all that out of place.

But you have to know me and my past to realize up until then I never liked or ever enjoyed the COLD or anything close to it... LOL... in the past I have moved and lived in places that have white sandy beaches..[Wink]

Any ways long story short.... I carried my gear the first year. ( yup was a drag , cause I never learned to pack light). So Last year I bought a " Otter 2 mini" Ice Sled... and fell n love with it..
All summer long I found myself thinking and planning what to and how to build a Racking devise for it.. ( to carry at the time all my gear , including hard chairs etc).

This year ( fall ) I bought a 3-man ICE tent... weighing another 24 lbs to my load and more to try to tie down.
So I got off my butt and really started to give it some thought and decided to think about a system made of PVC..

HENCE .....I the real reason I've joined your site and club.. well i guess there were a number of reasons. LOL..
First one = ONCE I decided in my head about using PVC ( which all my friends thought I was Nuts) I came across Sir Mr. "TubeDudes" pics on PVC rod holders , which in turn brought me to this site and club.. I was so very impressed on how Pat and everyone on here seemed great in the fact that they all seemed to impress there love for fishing and Ice fishing and making things for there passions.
So any ways I built a rod holder for my Sled , designed by ' tubedude" .. in which i am going to thank him soon . BUT that got me into it and I started to build my idea of a PVC racking system for all of my Gear. ( which i hope that once i get pictures of it I can show you all and get Pat's ok and advise on it.... [Smile].

WELL.... I'm sorry...LOL.. This kinda went from a Fast hello to a Short novel..LOL.

Anyways just wanted to say HI and thanks... and am looking forward to reading more and learning more about a sport ( Ice fishing ) that I have learned to love and enjoy.

Enjoy the ICE and all those around you...
And as they Say ...... Tight Lines...

AltaIce

( and thanks once again to Pat.." TubeDude" ) I look forward to reading everyone's posts on Ice fishing.

Oh Ya !! and I was not kidding when I said that I love my " Otter 2 mini sled"...( only second to my wife....) best thing I have ever bought and worked on.... ( the sled I mean.... LOL..)
Welcome to the site AI, it sounds like you have already found the ice fishing board and TD's post, have you read any of his post on the float tube section?
From your profile, it appears you live in Canada, if that is the case here is a link to that board; [url "http://www.bigfishtackle.com/forum/gforum.cgi?category=12"]http://www.bigfishtackle.com/forum/gforum.cgi?category=12[/url]
Please let us know if you have any questions about the BFT and thanks for the great introduction.
WH2
[signature]
Hi and thanks " wiperhunter2"

No sir, I have not had the chance to check out some of "TD's " posts that are in the Float tube Section..( But I will ) . That reminds me a I have a Water-Skitter ( Day tripper) down stairs I better use this summer ( have not used it in a long while ) . maybe I'll get into it if i challenge myself to make a set of rod holders for it.... LOL

and thanks for the link to the board,, I'll check it out right after i send this.

(( Wife is fighting off the Flu or something , so while she sleeps ... I'm heading back downstairs to work on Phase two of my PVC Otter mini Ice sled Rack....))

Take care , be safe and enjoy all those around you... Tight Lines.

AltaIce
[signature]
hiya altaice and welcome to the site.. seems you have made yourself at home and that is what we like to see.. in case you have not found it here is a link to the [url "http://www.bigfishtackle.com/forum/gforum.cgi?category=72"]Ice Fishing Forum[/url] that you may also find useful...

MacFly
[signature]
Hi Macfly..

Thank you very much , and yes Sir I have been to the " Ice Fishing Forum" and yes your right it has been very Interesting and Helpful.....[bobhappy] Thanks again.

Take care...

AltaIce
[signature]
welcome.. hope enjoy your time on the site...

MacFly
[signature]
WELCOME TO BFT AI!!
[signature]
¸.·´¯`·.´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸><(((º>

TheAngler BFT Moderator