Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lake mead bust
Well, I went out on friday and saturday- I hit Boulder beach and the area, trolling mostly. I saw a few fish blow up on the surface, but i got nothin. I fished hard on friday, but took the wife out saturday for a joy ride. I managed a couple trolling passes on boulder beach for nada. All in all, it was a fun weekend, but I saw no action. I did see a guy pull in a small fish off boulder beach on friday, but that was it.

Nothin to report, but at least I got out.

How was the Nevada Striper Club tourney this weekend? Any good numbers?
[signature]
I went to the weigh-in but Stripercraze should give the details. There were four fish over 10 lbs. I will PM you some photos.
[signature]
Hello Whizzle,

First it was great to meet you and the others who showed up to the meeting.

Next two people i know hit big on Friday. First person was at the trout plant by fishing pier on the beach. His first cast he landed a 33 lber. The second person caught a 20 plus in crawdad cove.

The Tournament was very testing. out of about 22 people who entered the tournament 11 had no weigh in. We had a quest fishing the tournament Alan Cole who makes the famous and very effective lures that we all love!!!!

He won first place and big fish award. Big fish weighed in at 15.2 lbs I think. He has pic on his web site.

As for me I trolled 29.5 hrs straight. Caught 4 fish 3 stripers and one Largemouth bass. My big fish was 10.7lbs.

[inline "10.7 pounds.jpg"]

stripercraze
[signature]
Well done Stripercraze, now get some sleep!
[signature]
Nice man- good job placing- and good job on the double digit.
What was your total weight?

How big was that largemouth?
[signature]
Hey Whizzle,

Alan had 21 pounds Second place was 14.5 and my weight was 14.2.

I Think the large mouth was maybe 2.5 pounds maybe a bit larger.

Stripercraze
[signature]
[cool]Yeah, I struck out also on friday with just one hit on the LA slider. It has been real slow.
[signature]
Do you link that to weather, time of year, low forage source, or just bad luck?
[signature]
[cool]Probably more timing than anything else. If a striper sees your lure it will check it out and/or hit it. If they are around they will key on the bait fish that are there. As of yet I think that they are still looking for shad, though some good sized ones have been caught on the trout lures. Yeah just call it bad luck.
[signature]
I think mine is defective. Heard the are no longer making them.
[signature]
[cool]A company makes them but they are called Bass Grandes and sold at extremelures.com. Also sold at Laker Plaza. Little Anthony, who made the original, still makes them on a limited basis.
[signature]