Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Post your Crappie Pics
when and where are you catching the crappie. Spring is coming , the spawn is coming,, is it jigs, tubes or minnows. Post the pics so everyone believes you !!! Crappie fisherman need to be a fraternity,, we are becoming a rare breed....this was a sringer taken from Miami Co. Lake in Kansas,,,,, good luck to all ..
[signature]
My neighbors and I were out ice fishing this weekend and caught this bounty of almost 40 crappie in about 3 hours. Most were small, but we had a few 9-10 inchers. It was on a lake in the Northeast metro of the Twin Cities in Minnesota.

Full story at http://www.journalofamnangler.com/2010/0...f-crappie/.
[signature]
These were from the last fall trip of the year last year. Private property, 50 acres, just drifting around with jigs and tubes looking for hump, bumps and stumps. Probably cleaned 300 in 3 days. I love it.
[signature]
Hey MN Angler !! i spend some time at Lake of the woods in Ontario guiding and I spend time in the BWCA. I've heard of great crappie fishing up there but have never came up and tried,,,, (im always fishing for walleye and big pike,, yuck ) , got any spots a guy could try up there ???? We catch the biggest, thick, black-gold crappie in Lake of the woods and nobody up there fishes for them ....
These crappie were taken from a Kansas conservation lake in a float tube,,, good fun.
[signature]
Welcome you crappie crazy fishermen to the forum and wish I could share the same kind of pictures with you but I am still trying to figure them out here in Idaho.

We have 2 reservoirs that do real well and another that you need to know the tricks, but I do love the crappie. So welcome and be sure to share any and all pictures and ideas with us all.

Any questions with or about BigFishTackleI will try to help. I am a co-moderator of this forum. So welcome again.
[signature]
stlfishfreak,

Unfortunately, I can't really help you. I'm just like you and fish for other species when I'm up in the BWCA. I'm actually mostly a bass guy.

But the panfish are everywhere in these lakes. You just have to find the schools.

You're right, though. Very few people here target them.
[signature]