Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
the ice is receeding
It may be a very short icefishing season this year. Time to cast the shore line I heard a fellow caught 8 walleye last weekend working the edges.
[signature]
STILL have 12-14" of ice in our neck of the woods! [frown]
[signature]
Won't be long now.[cool]
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]Was that on Salmon Falls? What part of the lake is opening up?[/#0000ff]
[signature]
Yes it is but it's rumurs and I am not sure where yet. I have had some ignition problems on the cherokee so havven't driven down there yet to see for myself.
[signature]
[quote TubeDude][cool][#0000ff]Was that on Salmon Falls? What part of the lake is opening up?[/#0000ff][/quote]

Uh oh! Open water was mentioned and now TD is starting to drool. Look out Idahoans the master is coming.[:p]
[signature]
Well I got the ignition problem figured out and the car was running well so my son & I headed to SFCR to see for ourselves the open water. It must havve been colder last night cause there was some and the edges were breaking but you could still get on and where it appeared like it was open earlier in the week was iced over.

We went to Norton Bay and the fisherman coming off said it had been slow. 2 rigs and 2 people on the west side. Big Sand Bay there was only 1 rig and they were in the pop up, but there was open water there and where a big piece of the edge had broken, but too shallow to fish from the bank.

Grey's Landing the edges looked nervvous and good ice was a long walk. no fishermen.

We went to the dam and it looked open all the way to Whiskey Slew. When fished there and landed 1-2# male and had 2 break off. There was a couple there that had the sweet spot. They were steady with there "fish on" call, but when evvening started to come on it sounded like a never ending chorus. They were havving a great time[fishin][fishin]

Sorry no pics this time but it was a good day out!
[signature]
Sounds fun. I gotta get out again maybe Wednesday or Thursday. Thanks for the report.
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]Glad you got your vehicle running right again.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Thanks for the report.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Maybe we can get up there and join you on the water THIS year.[/#0000ff]
[signature]
That would be awesome, but I also hope to make a floatilla there as well.
[signature]
I would like to get in on both an Idaho and Utah get together. I hope time allows. Ron
[signature]
Ron, that would be awesome..it would be fun meeting up with you Idaho boys.
[signature]
And girls too, MAYBE. I think some of Katie's friends have told her fishing is not "cool" I don't know if she wants to fish this year [:/] Ron
[signature]
Pokymons Girls feel the same way....oh well, it has to be in the blood. If it is, won't matter what others think.
[signature]
That is sooooooo true.
It MUST be in your blood. If its not..................[:/].

Peter
[signature]