Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
lakes that allow float tubes in the orange county area
lakes that will let u launch float tubes in the orange county area??
[signature]
There are few and some in San Diego area. Looked at
the older posts. Someone posted a list ones.

Peter
[signature]
k thx
[signature]
three that come to mind right away are Laguna Niguel, Corona Lake, and Lake Elsinore.. be careful and check up on the conditions of Elsinore .. not only the water quality but the wind conditions.... that lake has some weird wind at times that could easily blow you out into the deeper water.. look up Corona Lake as it is one of a group of Lakes that are pay to play lakes.. I know on this group of lakes there is no rod limit and a license is not required since they are privately owned and operated..

MacFly [cool]
[signature]
Yeah I am going to Laguna Friday they stocked steal head on Tuesday...
[signature]
here is a link to the [url "http://www.fishinglakes.com/"]Corona Lake[/url] and others site.. all are part of a group.. as I said privately owned and operated so no license it required and as far as I know all allow tubes and toons...

MacFly [cool]
[signature]
ok thx
[signature]
[quote 1tuber]Yeah I am going to Laguna Friday they stocked steal head on Tuesday...[/quote]

Best of luck on Friday [Wink] I hope you do well. Please post a report and some pictures if you can. Cant wait.

Peter
[signature]
I tell ya, with all the restrictions you guys have in CA you need to come east by a couple of states where the water is clear and the fish are willing.[cool] Glad I am in Utah!!!
[signature]
Pyramid, Puddingstone, Casitas, Piru, Big Bear, Elsinore,are the ones I hit last week...
[signature]
hiya bendo... long time no see mi amigo.. good to see a post from you again.. but, you tubed Elsinore.. you are a very very brave man... LOL ... especially after the rains... [Smile]

MacFly [cool]
[signature]
[quote bendopolo]Pyramid, Puddingstone, Casitas, Piru, Big Bear, Elsinore,are the ones I hit last week...[/quote]

Casitas is off limits for tubers for like one year now.........
[signature]
thats how they started the bans here in SD... Wohlford was a temporary ban on private water craft (course you can still rent theirs)... and that was two years ago maybe??

MacFly
[signature]
I have been working out of town for awhile, then I got very sick and have been out of the picture. Getting some help now but with no insurance they pretty well just want you to kick the bucket. By the way I fished the little side lake North of the road around Casitas not Casitas proper. Elsinore was for Wipers, laying it on the shad by the North launch ramp. I think the water was fine, a little muddy but no smell.
[signature]
bendo, we missed you! How are you doing all in all? What happened if you don't mind telling?
[signature]
Im just glad to see you back and answering some questions.... also glad that you on the road to recovery.. maybe there will be a chance of another get together in the spring..

MacFly [cool]
[signature]
[quote bendopolo]I have been working out of town for awhile, then I got very sick and have been out of the picture. Getting some help now but with no insurance they pretty well just want you to kick the bucket. By the way I fished the little side lake North of the road around Casitas not Casitas proper. Elsinore was for Wipers, laying it on the shad by the North launch ramp. I think the water was fine, a little muddy but no smell.[/quote]

I did not know that there is a little side lake. I need to check that out.

Peter
[signature]
Mac, what is the fee for using the private lakes and the hours of operation? Can your own troll motor be used with toons and is there a fee for that? Do you need registration numbers for private lakes if you use a troll motor? I believe some states have reciprocal agreements on registrations, but don't know about CA...

Thanks.

Pon

[quote macfly55]here is a link to the [url "http://www.fishinglakes.com/"]Corona Lake[/url] and others site.. all are part of a group.. as I said privately owned and operated so no license it required and as far as I know all allow tubes and toons...

MacFly [cool][/quote]
[signature]
maybe bendo will pipe up on this one.. he is more experienced than I.. but..

I know on Corona lake it was 20.00 to get in and 5.00 extra for my tube.. since it is a private lake I dont think there are any restrictions on what is used on the tube..or toon.. the reason I say that is that an angler here is normally restricted to two rods.. and you have to have the extra rod stamp on your license.. but at corona there is not such restriction..

Id suggest calling or emailing each private lake and ask those questions of them. But again maybe bendo will chime in on your questions..

MacFly [cool]
[signature]
Lake Perris, Colorado river, and all the bays along the coast with the exception of Redondo Beach.
[signature]