Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
lakes that allow float tubes in the orange county area
are there any restriction or registration requirements for motorized toons and such on Ca private lakes???

MacFly [cool]
[signature]
I'm not sure I go to laguna allot never seen anybody there with one but there u have to use trolling motors.... But i don't think u can use toons in Laguna Niguel at least u cant use anything with paddles, or of that sort.

Anthony[fishon]
[signature]
You're right on about the Utah/Co etc. water being gorgeous and you seem to have fewer bureaucratic fees. Same here in TX, but there does appear to be a "temperature challenge" during certain times of the year. [frown] For our state, it's the summer heat which makes us search madly for any stick of shade when it's 110! Forget about open lakes in summer around here, only place tolerable are the narrow tree lined rivers! Or an escape to the beautiful Western states for as long as your money holds out.... Just about anything is available in CA, you just pays yo money.....

Pon

[quote albinotrout]I tell ya, with all the restrictions you guys have in CA you need to come east by a couple of states where the water is clear and the fish are willing.[cool] Glad I am in Utah!!![/quote]
[signature]
Mac, found this section which is pretty interesting in the code:

http://www.dmv.ca.gov/boatsinfo/boatreg.htm

Yes, registration is required for Ca residents for private lakes.

"Yes; any vessel that is used or moored on California waterways, including private lakes, must be registered."

But what is interesting is that NO registration is required for out of state registered boats, IF I read this section correctly!

"FOLLOWING DO NOT HAVE TO BE REGISTERED":

"Vessels currently and lawfully numbered (registered) by another state that are principally used outside California"

So it would appear that you guys with a troll motor powered pontoon in Utah, where it is too cold to fish right now, can drive over to Ca right now and fish, if you don't want to wait for the thaw!

Pon

[quote macfly55]are there any restriction or registration requirements for motorized toons and such on Ca private lakes???

MacFly [cool][/quote]
[signature]